Spot on then....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spot on then....

On friday 8/14 I launched from Public Ldg, got halfway across Sinepuxent Bay when the wind kicked up so I drifted a twin-armed bottom robot rig & caught spot nonstop. I also casted for flounder & other fish but struck out. A few small crabs did hook themselves too. I then headed north to OC where I launched near the rt 90 area & caught a baby flounder, a sea robin, a few baby blkseabass & a couple small crabs.

What's a twin armed bottom robot rig?? I've never heard of it, and all I find is BA robots on the googles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    '15 Yellow Hobie Outback

Comment

Originally posted by NYstyle View Post
      What's a twin armed bottom robot rig?? I've never heard of it, and all I find is BA robots on the googles.

I think it's called a "high - low" rig here. Where I grew up we call them a "crappie rig".
      Hobie fleet:
      2017 Quest 13
      2015 Outback
      2014 Outback

Comment

Thanks. I've always just called that a bottom rig, is there a difference?

'15 Yellow Hobie Outback

Comment

I'm definitely gonna start using "twin armed bottom rig" it sounds so much better than hi-lo
          Hobie Revo 13 carribean blue

My YouTube Channel

Comment

A twin-armed bottom robot rig is what I've always called this bottom walker that's made in Texas.
            It is different from the usual hi-lo rigs sold mostly around here. You can attach a hook by itself to each of the arms
            or just slip in a snelled hook on a leader. When baited the arms drift in the current & move similar to the robot's arms in Lost In Space when he is warning Will Robinson of impending danger. The weight is on the bottom with a float above it that keeps the baited arms just off the bottom. I would post pix but dunno how to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by whenican View Post
              I would post pix but dunno how to do that.
              How about a link to a pic on the web?
              You got my curiosity up now.
              2018 Hobie Outback (seagrass)
              Old Town Camper Canoe (red)

Comment

Working...
              X