Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Box turtles really can swim 8/12

I launched into Tar Bay, drifting & casting with the tide & got skunked
    so I paddled under the bridge & into the Honga River where I saw some splashing. I casted to the splashes
    to no avail but then I noticed what looked like a coconut floating in the water.
    It had lil legs that were kicking in the water, its head protruding above the waterline
    like a periscope. Lo & behold, it was a box turtle swimming with the tide. I picked it up & took it to the closest shoreline where it rested a few minutes by the water's edge, then it crawled onto the land. The wind was blowing, the sun was hot, but nothing but a couple lil crabs jumped on my line. I did, however, see alot of diamondback terrapins. I spoke to a commercial waterman who told me he has caught 4 snakeheads in his nets this spring.He also said a buddy of his has caught some bull sharks too.Hmmmm? Then after loading up my Wavewalk 500, I casted from shore a few times & caught some short stripers. Lots of grass was fouling my lines too. All in all, twas fun being out in the fresh air even if I did get a good workout fighting the charging wind. It was cool seeing the 2 different species of turtles.

Congrats on the box turtle water rescue.

You and I have something in common.

http://www.snaggedline.com/showthrea...ght=box+turtle
    Mark
    Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
    Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
    Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Working...
    X