loving my pier fishin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• loving my pier fishin

20150815_192626.jpg 20150818_074026.jpg Since Saturday my house has had huge schools of striper tearing up bait balls at my pier. its been a darn good time. there are just stacked up. catching breakfast lunch and dinner is quite nice without even launching the yak. no huge ones. most are around 18-19 inches but about every 5th fish has been between 20 and 23 inches. biggest this week was 24 inches. I had one on this morning that was probably around 10 pounds but came off as I was hoisting it up to the pier. should of had a long net. the icechest pic was at 0630 this morning. they are only balling up the bait on the outgoing tide.
    Rich
    Hobie Pro Angler 2014 (Torqeedo Powered), Torqeedo solar panel with custom frame, Lowrance Elite-7 Chirp, sidekick (modified to fit)

That flat water behind you looks enticing.
    2018 Hobie Outback (seagrass)
    Old Town Camper Canoe (red)

Comment

20150817_181242.jpg
      this was my dinner last night. pan seared striper, red potatoe and brussel sprout hash, lemon asparagus and some cut tomatoes. these striper taste far better than landlocked lake stripers. didn't expect a huge difference in taste as this was. Buzz, i'll take a photo of the lure when I get home and ill post a pic of it tomorrow on this thread. on one of my previous outings with BigMike he took a pic of the lure and posted it on his report that day. its made by Sebile but they no longer make it ofcourse. you can still find them online though. after that trip with Mike, I found them online and got a few spares.
      Rich
      Hobie Pro Angler 2014 (Torqeedo Powered), Torqeedo solar panel with custom frame, Lowrance Elite-7 Chirp, sidekick (modified to fit)

Comment

sweet... thanks

Comment

005.jpg

Buzz,

the above picture is the same as mine except the color. I had this one in the box and gave it to BigMike. the one I've been using is all white. I don't think color matters as much as the crazy action. plus all the bait fish down here is the exact same size as this so i'm sure that matters.
          Rich

Comment

NICE!!! What are you throwing? Top water should really be good.

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
            Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
            Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
            Kokatat Pro Staff
            Torqeedo Pro Staff
            Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
            Alan

Comment

Alan, the post prior to yours is what I am using but in all white. other baits were catching em but this bait is heavier and yet the same size as the bait allowing me to get below the bait ball to the larger stripers. or that's my theory as to why its catching the larger fish compared to other baits. they didn't want anything to do with larger 4 inch paddle tail type rigs.
              Rich

Comment

After losing the lure Rich gave me on about the second cast (damn hook holder grabbing the line) I felt bad so I went on line to find the Sebile. As pointed out they no longer make it. I did find a reasonable facsimile made by Mann's for about $5 called the Little George. Comes in sizes from 1/4 to 1 ounce. Has an oval blade instead of the willow, but not sure how much it matters. You can also try searching for tail spinners to see if anything else is out there. I found not a lot of companies making it, probably because they've been around forever and no longer trendy.
                Mike
                Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

along the lines of this bait are any "underspin" baits that are in abundance at all tackleshop sites online. they should work. for everyones info the model im using for this bait is the 3/4 ounce version.
                  Rich

Comment

Originally posted by fishinggod View Post
                    Buzz,

the above picture is the same as mine except the color. I had this one in the box and gave it to BigMike. the one I've been using is all white. I don't think color matters as much as the crazy action. plus all the bait fish down here is the exact same size as this so i'm sure that matters.
                    Tanks.
                    I don't have any crankbaits like that, but now I know what to look for. Heck might even be able to throw something similar together.

Comment

Looking closely at your pic I see its the Sebile Spin Shad #1, 22g. And after a little digging I found them for $15 from fishfreakonline. Add in shipping and that's a pricey lure.

But lucky for me I found a #2, 35g on fleaBay for $10 including shipping. Its a size larger than yours (a heavy 1.25oz) but you know what they say about baiting a bigger hook.

mine.JPG

Comment

Buzz, in deeper water i think that #1 would work great, but the water i fish down here is 5 foot or less for the most part and in order to slow roll id be snagging all the debre. i may pick some of the heavy ones before i head north for the CBKA tourney.
                        Rich

Comment

Originally posted by fishinggod View Post
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]16814[/ATTACH]
                          this was my dinner last night. pan seared striper, red potatoe and brussel sprout hash, lemon asparagus and some cut tomatoes. these striper taste far better than landlocked lake stripers. didn't expect a huge difference in taste as this was. Buzz, i'll take a photo of the lure when I get home and ill post a pic of it tomorrow on this thread. on one of my previous outings with BigMike he took a pic of the lure and posted it on his report that day. its made by Sebile but they no longer make it ofcourse. you can still find them online though. after that trip with Mike, I found them online and got a few spares.
                          :-O
                          14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
                          2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Very cool lure. I've never seen one of those. It looks like it'd be fished similar to a rat l trap, but has a larger profile.

Kokatat Pro Staff
                            Torqeedo Pro Staff
                            Humminbird Pro Staff

Alan

Comment

Check this out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEfBWBdJXHA
                              I like how versatile it can be. I've been using a Halco Twisty 30 lately and it fishes the same was as this and it works really well. It's the newest lure I've added to try and this sebile may be the next.

Kokatat Pro Staff
                              Torqeedo Pro Staff
                              Humminbird Pro Staff

Alan

Comment

Working...
                              X