mid bay catching warming up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mid bay catching warming up.

It was a good day. I'm glad we launched early, so Dao didn't have any excuses for "missing the early bite". LOL It took us a while to get on fish, and there weren't a lot of them getting hooked, but the ones we caught were a better quality than we've been catching. Granted, most of those fish were 2014 size and not keepers for 2015, but I got a couple dozen 18-19.5" fish, and they were fiesty. I used the marks from a year ago when I went to the light house with Goody for my first time.

ZZZ....Is what I should have been doing.

First keeper for the group.

JACKPOT!!! Blues are in town!

Birds are starting to work too.

Class of the field.

Hobie fleet:
    2017 Quest 13
    2015 Outback
    2014 Outback

Good work....nice fish!

Comment

That was my first time trekking all the way to the light house. It was definitely a beautiful day for it and the fish there were worth the trek!

uploadfromtaptalk1440416804484.jpg

I had the same experience as Carter. Lots of healthy and feisty 2014 keepers... Many of which I could have sworn were bigger than 18-19" by the way they fought. Lucky for me I got my first keeper with the first rod bend when we got into them...

uploadfromtaptalk1440416877683.jpg

I also got a 14" bluefish and hit up the light house for some WP and got a few good ones. Although the WP bite was not hot by any means...

The trek back was tough though with all the boat traffic... But hey the things we do to get to the fish...
      -Mustafa
      ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
      2016 Hobie Outback
      2012 Hobie Revolution 13
      "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

Nice job everyone. I'm glad to hear the birds are working

Comment

Mostly trolling? I'm still yet to catch a 2015 keeper as well.. Great pictures by the way!
          J

Comment

All trolling actually. I was on top of some crazy marks and jugged for them for 30 minutes or so with no interest...
            -Mustafa
            2016 Hobie Outback
            2012 Hobie Revolution 13
            "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

Where do you guys launch when you fish that area? Thomas Point Park appears to open at 8:00am & I like an early start.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Elsea View Post
                Where do you guys launch when you fish that area? Thomas Point Park appears to open at 8:00am & I like an early start.

Thanks
                I wasn't going to give too many details on the location, as to avoid all of the power boats that surf our forum for intel that will pile in on the spot...but since my good friend posted a very recognizable land mark; <homer-simpson> Doh! </homer-simpson> We launched at Beverly Triton Beach Park, the gate opens at 7am.

I should post a picture of the magic lure Dao used for those nice rock, but I'll restrain myself...it was not the lure I have been using for the last year.
                Hobie fleet:
                2017 Quest 13
                2015 Outback
                2014 Outback

Comment

Originally posted by Snakehead Hunter View Post
                  Nice job everyone. I'm glad to hear the birds are working
                  So we'll be seeing you back out there soon?
                  Hobie fleet:
                  2017 Quest 13
                  2015 Outback
                  2014 Outback

Comment

Originally posted by Cowpokey View Post
                    I wasn't going to give too many details on the location, as to avoid all of the power boats that surf our forum for intel that will pile in on the spot...but since my good friend posted a very recognizable land mark; <homer-simpson> Doh! </homer-simpson> We launched at Beverly Triton Beach Park, the gate opens at 7am.

I should post a picture of the magic lure Dao used for those nice rock, but I'll restrain myself...it was not the lure I have been using for the last year.
                    LOL! You did write light house in your post... And there is only one in the mid bay that everyone refers to! LOL
                    -Mustafa
                    2016 Hobie Outback
                    2012 Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

Originally posted by AbuMasgouf View Post
                      LOL! You did write light house in your post... And there is only one in the mid bay that everyone refers to! LOL
                      True, but there are quite a few lighthouses in the middle of the bay. LOL!
                      Hobie fleet:
                      2017 Quest 13
                      2015 Outback
                      2014 Outback

Comment

Judging by the FF in one of Mr. Mustafa's pics, looks like it was pretty calm for the bay. Glad to hear of the catches.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowpokey View Post
                          So we'll be seeing you back out there soon?
                          Yea, I'm ready to head back up there soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Snakehead Hunter View Post
                            Yea, I'm ready to head back up there soon.
                            Awesome! Can you fish any weekends, or just during the week? Last year I was between careers so I had a few months off to fish any day I wanted, but now I have a Monday-Friday job and not much vacation time built up.
                            Hobie fleet:
                            2017 Quest 13
                            2015 Outback
                            2014 Outback

Comment

Yes it was a fun fishing day. Weather was perfect the water was actually choppy from all the boats zooming around. It took us awhile to find the fish but Carter hooked up and called us over and had good action while the tide was moving. 20150823_102216.jpg20150823_073709.jpg20150823_064120.jpg

Comment

Working...
                              X