OC Inlet 8 / 22-23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OC Inlet 8 / 22-23

Fished the OC Inlet 0900-1900 Saturday and 0530-1830 Sunday looking for Sheephead and Reds. Burned through alot of sandfleas without much to show for it other than croaker, bsb and puffer fish. That is except for about a 45 minute window at the end of the outgoing tide sunday morning when I picked up 3 sheep including a 24 incher. Fish were way up in the rocks of the south jetty. I kept a 20 incher for dinner and his belly was full of the 1 inch long mussels I sometimes snag while fishing around there. There was an asian couple fishing the end of the jetty during that same window that also picked up a couple sheephead as well as a bunch of tog. Water temps were around 80 degrees in the inlet and 76 ocean side.

Chimo

It was good finally meeting up with you and fishing on Saturday! Sorry I couldn't stay out all day - we had company coming in for the evening, but glad to see you found some sheep before you left.

Other than the annoying croakers and gajillion black wills that seem to be down there right now, I only had the one good bite all morning... 32" red. I don't think the wind helped much.

Was the couple on a pontoon boat with the registration numbers correct on one side but backwards on the other side? If so, they know how to catch some tog and that knows how to pull up some monsters!
    Last edited by Slobber Bob; 08-24-2015, 11:30 AM.
    Brian

Comment

Good to see your still getting some fish. I was supposed to be there this week but something came up And I couldn't go.

Comment

Working...
      X