8/23 evening Mattawoman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8/23 evening Mattawoman

I launched sunday eve around 7 pm. Again, it was lowtide. I had a peaceful paddle up the creek. Soon it was dark & the bats came out to knock down the mosquitos that were looking for me. A few times the bats would chase my frog as I cast it to snakehead habitat. A few years ago I would be spooking snakeheads left & right just by paddling near them. Sometimes they would boil & tailslap my kayak. On this occasion...just like my other outings this year it was another story.... one that ends in: "Dang! Where have all the snakeheads gone?" I did spook one or two but not the tons like 2-3 yrs ago. A few big fish did splash in the water( carp?). While standing up while paddling on the calm water I spooked a big bird that swooped down towards me. I defended myself w/ my paddle & it flew past, circled around in the moonlight & looked like it was going to zero in on me again but then it flew off. I dunno what kind of bird it was. I stayed out til about 10 pm & I met a family of Hobie pedalers from VA who were just getting off the water. I mentioned this forum so perhaps we will have some new members. I will come out during hightide next time so if anyone wants to cast for snakeheads, get in touch w/me. This place is a beautiful place to paddle/pedal & cast.

I think the boys in the generator boats are putting a hurt on the snakeheads.

Comment

Originally posted by DanMarino View Post
      I think the boys in the generator boats are putting a hurt on the snakeheads.
      Agree.
      2015 Outback

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC32..._as=subscriber

Comment

Yeah you know when you see those boats rigged and ready for people to buy at bass pro shop that the status is going to change. They're still out there, just gotta look a little harder for them.
        John Hostalka

Delaware Paddlesports and
        Hobie Fishing team member

2018 Camo Hobie Outback
        2015 Hobie Outback

Comment

Working...
        X