Cuckold, part deux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cuckold, part deux

I met up with Yak67 this morning at Piney Point at 5:45 for some early striper action. Weather channel had called for light and variable winds out of the south, windfinder had 8-15 out of the south. Today windfinder was right and the conditions, while fishable would not have been pleasant. So we decamped for Clarks landing even though I had a slow day there yesterday. Day started off slow and stayed that way but we did have a few interesting catches. I think I caught my first weakfish ever.
    003.jpg
    Weakfish?

Shortly after this catch I started to catch very small speckled trout and Gary caught a nice wayward spot and some trout as well.

004.jpg
    Yak67 with his spot

I headed off into the main Patuxent and caught my first keeper of the year, man it's been a long time coming. We each ended up with a 15-16" rock after that, but overall the fishing was still slow. Still beats sitting at home.
    005.jpg

Finally I liked this photo of the sunrise yesterday. so here it is
    002.jpg
    Mike
    Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Thanks Mike...great report and awesome photo's. You forgot to photo shop out the bridge however. It has allowed me to triangulate your position there with your keeper! Seriously....glad to hear that there are rock to be caught inside the Pax River. Wish I thought that was the case for the Severn this week!
    thanks again
    Scott

Comment

Hmmm, hadn't thought about cropping the bridge out, but then again the picture wasn't taken close to where I caught it. So it could a masterful misdirection on our part.
      Mike

Comment

Looks like a weakfish to me
        John Hostalka

Delaware Paddlesports and
        Hobie Fishing team member

2018 Camo Hobie Outback
        2015 Hobie Outback

Comment

When I cleaned the rock it had a partially digested fish of some sort and a fairly fresh baby crab maybe 1 1/2 inches across in its stomach. I certainly wouldn't want to swallow a hard shell whole.
          Mike

Comment

Congrats on the keeper Mike. glad you guys turned that spot around. i have a few friends that boat fish that area and they said they haven't landed a keeper this year there as of yet. Great pics as well.
            Rich
            Hobie Pro Angler 2014 (Torqeedo Powered), Torqeedo solar panel with custom frame, Lowrance Elite-7 Chirp, sidekick (modified to fit)

Comment

Working...
            X