Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Goodhands today - ADinkDinkaDinkDinkadoo!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goodhands today - ADinkDinkaDinkDinkadoo!

Put in at Goodhands this morning around 7am just before the tide was due to crest. The wind was light, the humidity high and current completely slack....

I knew the odds were not in my favor, but it was my only window to fish this week, so I went out anyway. I decided to mimic John V's technique of trolling light paddle tails in 3-4' of water. It wasn't long before I caught my first dink. It wasn't long after that when my FF battery gave up the ghost - a significant liability when trying to maintain a depth contour......

The rest of the morning was spent jigging known structure and trolling using an App called Skipper (real time plotting and speed on a NOAA chart). All I was able to entice to my offerings were multiple dinks. None over 10 or 11 inches.

It was far from an ideal day, but it was a day on the water that did not include the word "skunk" so I am not complaining (too much).
    Bruce

Hobie PA 14
    Wilderness System, Thresher 155

dont feel bad , i was just around the corner from you with a working ff and all i caught was dinks . the highlight of my morning was a 17 inch bluefish that fought so hard i thought i had a ray
    2016 Hobie Outback
    2014 Jackson Kilroy

Comment

The Blue sounds like FUN!
      Bruce

Hobie PA 14
      Wilderness System, Thresher 155

Comment

Working...
      X