Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This Friday/Weekend

Hello to all, hope it's all good.
    I have everything except a FF now; my kayak and I are ready to fish.
    Need to check the weather; however, I would like to get out.
    Weather notwithstanding, I can launch from Jonas Green, SP, or either of the Naval installations.

Question please: do the stripers run down to the Severn River Bridge; and how tough a fish is it?

If anyone is going out this Friday/Weekend, please let me know.
    Best to all.
    David
    DaveO
    Arnold/Annapolis
    Yellow Tarpon 140

Hey man I'd love to go out sometime this weekend what are you thinking
    Ascend FS12T

Comment

Ive caught plenty of stripers at the severn river bridge. The biggest being about 24" on a 3" paddletail

Noticed that the evening bite is better there for some reason. Ive had luck in the morning but not the luck that ive had spending 3 hrs in the evening there until sunset. Usually launch from jonas green and troll the river side with a paddle tail or rattletrap. Once at the bridge i troll through the channel and up to where it plateaus.. They seem to like to ambush the bait fish there.

severn striper.jpgsevern striper2.jpg
      Zach Bennett
      Linthicum MD
      2014 Hobie Outback
      Instagram: YakinZak
      Youtube: YakinZak
      Email: Yakinzak@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Zbennett9 View Post
        Ive caught plenty of stripers at the severn river bridge. The biggest being about 24" on a 3" paddletail

Noticed that the evening bite is better there for some reason. Ive had luck in the morning but not the luck that ive had spending 3 hrs in the evening there until sunset. Usually launch from jonas green and troll the river side with a paddle tail or rattletrap. Once at the bridge i troll through the channel and up to where it plateaus.. They seem to like to ambush the bait fish there.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17121[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]17122[/ATTACH]
        That's encouraging. The stripers have been scarce in that area of the river this summer. It's good to hear that they're moving back.
        Mark
        Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
        Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
        Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Working...
        X