Smith creek, the other pier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smith creek, the other pier

Yak67 and myself had contemplated joining Fishinggod this morning for some pier and bay kayaking. The wind conditions did not look favorable for getting on the bay so we went to the other side of the St Mary's peninsula and fished Smith creek. The action was relatively slow, although the quality was nice. Gary ended up with 8 rocks (16 - 18") and 3 blues while I only manged 3 rocks and lost a nice blue by the boat. One of my fish was a keeper right at 20. I'm feeling rockfish in a black bean sauce for supper.

It felt like the fish should be busting bait on the surface any day now in the creek, it is loaded with bait and the blues are starting to chase them, rocks can't be far behind.

001.jpg
    Mike
    Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

HAHA!!!!! I literally spit out a little beer when i read the title!!! Pure Comedy. tomorrow when you both show up here ill let you guys have the pier while i prepare some ceviche from the fish today. that way after we get back from kayaking later around lunch we will have some tasty fare no matter the luck we have on the water. the winds have died completely here now but that always changes on the bay. I'm hoping on another awesome bluefish evening bite tonight. if its the same as this morning we will truly get into em tomorrow. i really want you guys to kill em tomorrow so folks don't start to disbelieve in my honey hole!!! Very happy to hear you landed a keeper over there though.
    Rich
    Hobie Pro Angler 2014 (Torqeedo Powered), Torqeedo solar panel with custom frame, Lowrance Elite-7 Chirp, sidekick (modified to fit)

Comment

pier pressure i guess
      Hank

Lime Ocean Kayak Tetra 12

Comment

Working...
      X