Point to Point

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Point to Point

Raptor (Terry), Scott Taylor and I made an 0630 launch in Whithall Bay this morning. It was stunningly beautiful – basically windless and pleasingly cool with low humidity.

It’s hard to not be excited about our hobby when you are greeted with a scene like this.

A.jpg

Fortunately, the stripers were both plentiful and susceptible to numerous lures and techniques today. I got this guy trolling a ΒΌ oz. jig with a 3 inch Fat Sam paddletail on my way to Hackett Point.

B.jpg

I caught him after dealing with back-to-back-to-back dinks in the span of a minute or so.

When I got to Hackett my flyrod and foam popper beckoned from my rod holder. Conditions and the location were perfect for topwater flyrodding. I got this guy within 10 feet of the wooden bulkhead at Hackett. My FF indicated 4 feet of water. It sounded like a brick had hit the water when this fish smashed the popper.

C.jpg

From Hackett I trolled over to Greenbury Point picking up a few small stripers along the way. When I got to Greenbury I merely sat at the point and fan casted the area. Again I was in 4 feet of water. I got this guy on a hand-tied 3/8 oz. spinner jig combo.

D.jpg

It’s not an exceptional fish but it is the very first fish I’ve hooked on my new Bass Pro Bionic Blade spinning rod. I really like the rod’s feel and action and I look forward to many more catches on it.

I did very well at Greenbury getting five nice stripers.

I finished the day at 1130. I caught well over a dozen stripers, at least 8 of which were decent-sized catches. That was fun. I haven’t had a lot of striper pullage this summer and it was good to feel that telltale head shake again.

Raptor caught 20 stripers and I know Scott hit double digits also.

Here is Scott soon after he hooked a 10 inch white perch.

E.jpg

It was a very nice day on local water for us. I hope it bodes well for the immediate future.
    Last edited by Mark; 09-15-2015, 05:56 PM.
    Mark
    Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
    Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
    Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Awesome morning!

Comment

great report and you all sure got into em. great weather and great bites. the keys to a great day. congrats
      Rich
      Hobie Pro Angler 2014 (Torqeedo Powered), Torqeedo solar panel with custom frame, Lowrance Elite-7 Chirp, sidekick (modified to fit)

Comment

Congratulations Mark, Terry, and Scott. The Severn has not been highly productive on stripers this summer -- your report gives hope for a good fall.
        John Veil
        Annapolis
        Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Great pics and nice job with the stripers. For Whitehall, did you launch from Dunning Pier?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          -Omid

2015 ivory outback

Comment

Originally posted by dimo View Post
            great pics and nice job with the stripers. For whitehall, did you launch from dunning pier?

Sent from my iphone using tapatalk
            usna
            Mark
            Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
            Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
            Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Working...
            X