Clark's Landing 9/24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clark's Landing 9/24

I woke up this morning with no intentions of going fishing as I had fished the last 3 days. Went to the gym and when I came out I couldn't help but notice how still the air seemed to be. It was still relatively early, so I went home, loaded up and hit Clark's a little bit after 8. The wind was present, but it wasn't debilitating and I saw a yak way off in the distance. I went out to a spot that has been producing lately and I had 2 21" rocks in the boat within 15 minutes of arriving at the location. As I was looking around for birds I couldn't help but notice the bright rainbow colored spot in the sky off to the right of the sun. I thought it was a sun dog, but there wasn't a corresponding glow to the left. Whatever it was it was cool and only lasted for about a minute. After that I picked up another keeper (if I had known I would get 3 I wouldn't have kept the one that was kind of spotty but I'm meeting some friends that have been begging for some fresh rockfish and needed a second fish) and then a couple of dinks. Away from the spot I only caught one other fish.

Yak67 - hey, I did say I wasn't going to fish where we were for a fourth day in a row, I didn't say I might not fish.

003.jpg002.jpg
    Mike
    Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Mike, nice catch. I was fishing off the Solomons rec center pier last night and caught a ~18" rockfish with that same flesh eating bacteria looking problem. I haven't been able to catch any rockfish from the kayak yet, but hopefully this weekend will change that.

It's great to see other people here from st Mary's! Hopefully I'll see ya out on the water!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

ah how i wish i was retired Mike!!!! the past two weeks of vacation fishing with you and Gary was awesome. seeing this pics are painful when i am working. haha
      Rich
      Hobie Pro Angler 2014 (Torqeedo Powered), Torqeedo solar panel with custom frame, Lowrance Elite-7 Chirp, sidekick (modified to fit)

Comment

Working...
      X