Finally getting back out Sunday 9/27

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally getting back out Sunday 9/27

In the last 3 months I've barely logged into Snaggedline and couldn't even think about getting out on the yak. Now that things are looking up in a big way I can start getting back out there.

I'll have a few hours Sunday morning to troll the Susky flats if anyone is interested. I'm planning to launch as the sun comes up (6:30ish?) and at least get a couple of hours of fishing in.
    Mike

Mike the weather isn't looking so great this weekend but plan I plan on fishing next weekend if you can make it out.

Comment

Originally posted by daolai View Post
      Mike the weather isn't looking so great this weekend but plan I plan on fishing next weekend if you can make it out.
      Really? Looks like partly cloudy and 70 degrees...
      Mike

Comment

Originally posted by mweber02 View Post
        Really? Looks like partly cloudy and 70 degrees...
        Did you get out that day? I fished in the evening and all I got was a good workout fighting the waves, was trolling a couple of paddle tails out in front of Tydings Park. At least I was able to test out my trolling setup with the new rod holders and see how the Slayer handles rougher water.
        Mike

2015 Hidden Oak Slayer Propel 10

Comment

I fished the incoming tide in the morning.

It was definitely windy out there with occasional white caps. I was catching some smaller stripers frequently enough to keep me out there but nothing to bring home. The one time I had the drag start pulling ended up being a foul hooked catfish.

I trolled an Xrap on one side and a combo rig (Yum double up w/ 2 Booyah Boo rigs w/ Gulp... basically a light tackle umbrella rig). The combo rig caught all of the fish. I still kept the xrap out hoping for something bigger.
          Mike

Comment

Nice work, I am still trying to figure out the trolling thing, though I fished at high tide so that likely slowed down the bite as well. Next time you hit the flats let me know would love to join you.
            Mike

2015 Hidden Oak Slayer Propel 10

Comment

Working...
            X