Cuckold Cavalcade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cuckold Cavalcade

There was a relatively large group of us for a Tuesday that headed out of Clark’s landing this morning. Yak67, Wood Yak, a future snaggedliner named Tony in his PA14, and myself. We met at 6:45 and the first thing that we noticed was the large number of trot liners that had already set up on some of the more productive spots. Their constant engine noise as they run the lines is not conducive to good fishing. The other thing I noticed was the beautiful wood kayak that Wood Yak had hand built. It is a piece of art.
    We headed out with high hopes but the fish weren’t where they have been for the last few weeks. We also noticed the alarming lack of baitfish on our fish finders. For the next 3 hours it was find a fish here or there but nothing we could pattern. Besides a school of dinks that Yak67 and Wood Yak found the most common catch was sea trout that ran up to 12”. Still can’t find the 14’s if they are in there. There were a couple of blues caught as well (I’m enjoying some bluefish poke as I type) and Wood Yak caught a 19.5” striper that the fish stretcher couldn’t make long enough.
    All in all a pleasant morning, and with the weather coming in it may be a few days before we can get out again.
    001.jpg
    Leo's beautiful hand built wooden kayak
    003.jpg
    Tony in his new PA
    004.jpg
    Typical trout today
    005.jpg
    Wood Yak hunting
    Mike
    Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Yeah, I saw one gentleman at the ramp this morning, wasn't sure who it was but I asked him to tell you "hi" for me..... I was so jealous to know y'all were going out while I was getting in my truck for work! LOL I feel a cold coming on, I'm calling in sick for the next trip Mike!
    Walt
    Heritage Angler 12'

Comment

Big Mike: Thanks for organizing the cavalcade! Enjoyed meeting and fishing with some of my fellow Snaggedliners. Hope we can do it again in a couple weeks. Gary make sure Tony lets me know his "handle" when he joins up on snaggedline.
      WOOD DUCK 12

Comment

Hey Fellas! I'm finally registered on Snaggedline. Thanks for having me out the other morning. It was good to meet all of you. I look forward to getting on the water again with you soon! @ Wood Yak my handle is Tiger.

Comment

Working...
        X