Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone hitting the Severn area tomorrow - 10/6?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone hitting the Severn area tomorrow - 10/6?

I just got off work tomorrow and am looking to go out. I haven't fished the Severn extensively and would love to connect with anyone who has. PM me if you wouldn't mind a tagalong.

Tight Lines!
    Bruce

Hobie PA 14
    Wilderness System, Thresher 155

I haven't been to the Severn recently, but have caught keepers there. The trends for what I've been catching still hold true to last year; catching fish on 1/2 oz jigs with 4-6" paddle tails. Launch at Jonas Green and troll along the channel edges, or over any structure that shows up on maps. Staying along the known structure lines is a good way to figure out what the fish are looking for. Then there are the bait balls that just show up over random parts of the water and you load up on all rods going down at the same time, or getting hooked up on every cast in to the frenzy.

It's a wild time of year. Trolling works best to locate fish that are eating, if you see surface activity (nervous water) or birds, it also helps.
    Hobie fleet:
    2017 Quest 13
    2015 Outback
    2014 Outback

Comment

Originally posted by Cowpokey View Post
      I haven't been to the Severn recently, but have caught keepers there. The trends for what I've been catching still hold true to last year; catching fish on 1/2 oz jigs with 4-6" paddle tails. Launch at Jonas Green and troll along the channel edges, or over any structure that shows up on maps. Staying along the known structure lines is a good way to figure out what the fish are looking for. Then there are the bait balls that just show up over random parts of the water and you load up on all rods going down at the same time, or getting hooked up on every cast in to the frenzy.

It's a wild time of year. Trolling works best to locate fish that are eating, if you see surface activity (nervous water) or birds, it also helps.
      I made it to the Severn today and caught a nice striper using the trolling method first time out! Thanks for the advice!
      New to the game but not a rookie!

Comment

Working...
      X