Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2014 Hobie Outback [emoji41]
    2014 Hobie Outback
    2016 Hobie Outback
    2015 CBKA Fishing Tournament
    2nd PLACE
    Slam Division

Comment

I agree with Bruce. I picked up Alan's book over the winter, i've read cover to cover and use it as a reference quite often. As a matter of fact I had it my hands as I was skimming thru the post. Alan has mastered his art.

Trolling Speeds- normally 2.8 to 3.2. Speed,Line out and lure specs together determine the running depth of your lure(boating background). I am still trying to figure the amount of line out of a spinning rod.

I think Alans post the otherday of trolling the current is key. When working on a Local Charter boat, I can not remember ever catching a fish trolling directly with the current-unless it was on a turn.

My 2 cents- Buy Alan's book.
      Last edited by Egriger; 10-09-2015, 04:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Yak Fish View Post
        I'm very big on being scientific about every thing we do on the water. I really don't want anything to be arbitrary. I encourage folks to take notes because repeatability is the name of the game if consistency in catching fish is what you're after.
        I understand what you are saying, I was just pointing out my personal experience that one day because he asked the question. Thanks for the advice.
        New to the game but not a rookie!

Comment

Welcome to the site, even if you don't catch, you will be snagged. Comprehend the pros, follow your instincts, and get out and fish.
          Freddie T

2016 Hobie Outback LE #236
          Torqeedo Ultralight 403

Comment

I want to add one more trolling thought that I forgot to write in my earlier post. If your lure does not look natural, the fish will be unlikely to bite it. I often find that while trolling, I move through a patch of water that has floating or suspended plant debris (filamentous grass, marsh grass stalks, leaves). Or if you let your lure contact the bottom, you may pick up dirt or debris. Once that happens, you are dragging something unattractive to the fish.

I try to keep close tabs on keeping my lures clean. If I think I trolled through an area with debris, I wind in and check. If I have not had a bite on a particular line in a few minutes, I wind in and check.

The other thing that can happen is if a fish either nips at the tail of the lure (common when blues are around) or a fish strikes the lure and pulls it off the proper hooked position (I call this "pulling the pants down"). Either of these events will make you lure swim awkwardly and not be of much interest to a fish. Paying attention to the way your lure looks can improve your trolling success.
            John Veil
            Annapolis
            Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

If anyone is interested Cabelas has the line counter reels on sale for 39.99 normally 59.99

Comment

Originally posted by plastic boat View Post
                If anyone is interested Cabelas has the line counter reels on sale for 39.99 normally 59.99
                Where are you seeing this? I'm seeing 59.99 online?

2015 Viking Profish Reload

Comment

In the stores. Delaware Christiana mall and hamburg Pa
                  I picked up 2 this week in the 20 size. Call before you ride up there. They will hold them for you.

Comment

Working...
                  X