East Bay, West Bay Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• East Bay, West Bay Report

Had the rare treat of two weekdays of fishing. Yesterday I fished the middle East Bay and got about a dozen in 4 hrs, with a couple at 19" and one at 21". All were on X-Raps. Today in the middle West Bay I landed nothing but dinks -- about 20 of them over 3 hrs. Most came on paddletails. Today the water didn't have much movement, which I think was a factor, as well as location. I'm wondering if others had luck today in calm water. Both days, I mostly fished in 5 ft of water. I was surprised how good water visibility was given the storms. Water levels were up a few feet. Today I went deeper for a while to see if I could find larger fish, but no luck.
    keeper 10-6-15.jpg
    Michael
    Washington, DC
    Hobie Outback

Nice job Micheal.
    Golden Papaya Outback

Comment

I've been finding the larger ones 24-27s" along channels deep mostly during feeding times. 25' of water or so. good to know east bay is productive, I'll definitely have to go check it out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      -Omid

2015 ivory outback

Comment

Fished out of BT yesterday. Heading towards the TP lighthouse I did not mark a fish until I hit 20 feet of water about the mouth of the South River. Nothing but dinks, got a few good hits on a Sebile Spin Shad, but noting stuck. I think the were smallies hitting the trailing spoon with no hook. Turned south, staying in 20 feet dodging commercil crabbers and their traps and fished down to the Rhode. Only decent marks were near buoys, no hits down and back. Headed towards the shallows prior to pull out and did not mark a fish zig zaging in towards the beach. I wondered the same thing, was just to calm today.
        Pelican Strike 100X

Comment

East Bay yesterday caught 4 keepers and kept 2! First 2 keepers since I got here fished trolling from 5:30 PM till dark with Dao's 2 lure combo image.jpg
          Drive it like you stole it!
          2011 Hobie PA 14

Comment

Originally posted by mikelreidd View Post
            Turned south, staying in 20 feet dodging commercil crabbers and their traps and fished down to the Rhode. Only decent marks were near buoys, no hits down and back.
            I don't know if there is nothing good to eat for them there but I had a similar experience the three times I've hit up the South and Rhode Rivers. Morning, night, nothing has been productive.
            -Omid

2015 ivory outback

Comment

I am not familiar with the locations "East Bay" and "West Bay". I know of Eastern Bay and West River. Can someone shed light on this?
              John Veil
              Annapolis
              Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Hi John. When I said East Bay I meant middle east side of the Bay. I should have just said Eastern Bay. By mid West Bay I meant the other side of the Bay. In this case I was in BT area. Sorry for the confusion.
                Michael
                Washington, DC
                Hobie Outback

Comment

Thanks for the clarification.
                  John Veil
                  Annapolis
                  Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Working...
                  X