Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to kayaking

Hey fellow kayakers.
    I know I have subscribe a while a go and never posted anything but I just never got around to kayaking.. Till now.. About a month and a half a go I manage to get a small kayak just to start getting the hang of it...
    I have rigged it for fishing but never had any success on a handful of times I have tried from SPSP.
    I regularly used bait but I started to buy plastics and lures...hope I can meet some of ya to learn some tips on this method of fishing.
    Planed to head out and get on the water this weekend but haven't determined where from ( I do t know the area as much)
    So if anyone is willing to help me out and get to know new areas let me know
    Thanks

I'll be at SPSP tomorrow morning... Pm me if you would like to meet

Comment

Originally posted by Emerson Barça M View Post
      I'll be at SPSP tomorrow morning... Pm me if you would like to meet
      Where/what is SPSP?
      New to the game but not a rookie!

Comment

Sandy Point State Park
        Mike
        Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

Originally posted by Big Mike View Post
          Sandy Point State Park
          Yeah, right after I asked it came to me. LOL
          New to the game but not a rookie!

Comment

Welcome to the forum and the addictive sport of kayak fishing. I too started out as a bait fisherman then moved onto buying useless lures.. after a year of not catching anything I made it to a meet and greet and got to learn alot from the veterans. If you can make it out to a meet and greet that will help alot. Also people regularly post that they will be fishing and all are welcome keep an eye out for those as well. Number 1 thing is safety. You didn't state what type of kayak you have but you said small so please becareful at SPSP it can get rough out there.

Comment

Originally posted by daolai View Post
              I too started out as a bait fisherman then moved onto buying useless lures..
              Emerson Barca M,

There's some excellent advice hidden in the phrase -- "useless lures".

There are a few tried and true lures for the Bay's primary target fish. A M&G and/or posts here are helpful in determining what they are.

Note that a simple jig and paddletail will catch darned near every fish mentioned on this forum.

You'll discover it's not lure variety but knowing what to do with them that counts. Through on-the-water experience you will develop confidence in a few lures and that is infinitely more productive than relying on a large inventory of colors and lure types to catch fish.

That alone will spare you confusion (and save you money) at Bass Pro, Anglers, or other tackle outlets.
              Mark
              Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
              Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
              Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Thanks for the advice Daolai & Mark. Ill keep the paddle tail lure in mind!!!
                And sure i would like to meet any of the veterans here!!!
                Thank you and see you out there !!

Comment

Working...
                X