St Inigoes report 10/11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• St Inigoes report 10/11

A large group of Snaggedliners met this morning at a little before 7 to fish Smith Creek. Fishinggod, Yak67, Tiger, Fsuhansell, and myself got to enjoy a very brisk 45 degree start and low tide. The fishing overall was generally slow, but some did better than others and the fishing improved as the day went on. Fishinggod, Yak67 and Tiger all got their limit of keepers. Fsuhansell and I got little to speak of, although he kept fishing after I had called it a day so I hope his sizes improved. Quantity varied from me at the low end with 6 to around 15-20 for others. Yak67 hooked what he claims is his white whale as he thinks he has hooked the same monster twice, and lost it at the boat both times. Of course it hasn't sunk his boat, so how much of a monster remains to be determined. As always, great to be on the water and great to see so many kayaks.

004.jpg
    Dawn Patrol

007.jpg
    Fsuhansell (I'm guessing a Florida State graduate but I'd still fish with him)

008.jpg
    Tiger trying to give us an all American greeting

009.jpg
    Tiger's keeper (is that really 20"?)
    Mike
    Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

I must say it was nice to see you struggle after destroying me at my own house several times Big Mike!!! HAHA, just kidding. the day started off early for me with the first keeper in the yak before we hit the point but then i had to go through another 20 or so fish before i landed the last one as i was about to call it a morning. had 4 fish that were between 19.5 and 19.99 in the middle of the two bookends. i was pulling and squeezing but not worth a fish thats for sure. keepers were 21 and 23. didn't hook any white whale or anything crazy. caught a bunch of 12 inches when i ventured over to the docks on the east side of the creek so thats why i caught so many fish. either way it was a great time with everyone. ill be trying out Jeromes Creek tomorrow for the first time since June so ill be sure to report if it all works out. if you all want to join me ill see you there. its getting calm at the house, so if its calm tomorrow morning I'm going to launch here and work my way to jeromes creek mouth. it will take me about 15 minutes to get there by water. if its windy then i will go around and launch at drury's marina. so if you guys want to come to my house or meet me on the water either way.
    Last edited by fishinggod; 10-11-2015, 05:02 PM.
    Rich
    Hobie Pro Angler 2014 (Torqeedo Powered), Torqeedo solar panel with custom frame, Lowrance Elite-7 Chirp, sidekick (modified to fit)

Comment

I almost bailed on the trip after walking out into the cold this morning, but I'm glad I didn't. Although I didn't bring any fish back with me I still had a great time out on the water. I have to throw a shout out to Yak67 and fishinggod for hooking me up with some of those awesome Zman paddletails! Two hours with nothing using my 4" white paddletail and then 3 minutes after tying on a zman... boom. I'm sold! No keepers but still had fun fighting a few smaller guys.

Can't wait until next time!

Comment

Cold, haha....i was in shorts and flip-flops rocking a hoodie for warmth. my feet where quite chilly till that sun came out. no problem with the baits, i didn't want to leave knowing you were fishing with inferior baits. those Z-mans are the best especially when dealing with the occasional bluefish bites.
        Rich
        Hobie Pro Angler 2014 (Torqeedo Powered), Torqeedo solar panel with custom frame, Lowrance Elite-7 Chirp, sidekick (modified to fit)

Comment

Rich - I'm down for trying St. Jerome's Creek with you tomorrow. Planning to hit the water same time?

Comment

Thanks Mike for the "shout out" about giving you lures. I am just paying back what's been given to me this wonderful fishing season. The OGWLF (Old Guys Who Like to Fish) and SMOG (Southern Maryland Old Guys) have help me tremendously during my rookie kayak season this year. The more people we can get into our sport and keep, the better.
            I know if you liked those nice PA-14's you were hanging out with today. We would like to recruit you to the "Darkside". The Hobie Nation

Ya67
            2015 Hobie PA-14

Comment

Working...
            X