Fishing the secret pier 10/12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fishing the secret pier 10/12

Four of us went to Rich's house this morning to fish the waters off his infamous pier. Yak67, Fsuhansell, Fishinggod and I launched from the vastly improved launch around 7 (the nor'easter pushed the beach up against a 3 foot drop so now it's about 12", very easy now). Rich immediately had a keeper and I soon followed. Yak67 was struggling early and after an hour he gave up and went to St Inigoes in search of his white whale. The fishing wasn't fast but the quality was good. Vast majority of the fish exceeded 18" and we all took home our limit (No idea how Gary did). Rich had 6 fish over 20, I had 3 and Mike had 3 as well.

Water conditions were perfect and we had a small current moving while we were out. No breakers seen where we were. Finished up back at Rich's house for some ceviche

001.jpg
    Yak67 in happier times

002.jpg
    Fsuhansell with his traditionally powered kayak. Us PA boys were impressed, but not enough to leave the dark side

004.jpg
    Sentinel

005.jpg
    Spooked
    Mike
    Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

for just a few hours, 6 fish over 20 inches was one of the best days I've had trolling for sure. i landed maybe another 7 or 8 that were between 18 and 19.99. and i caught a 13.5 inch trout.....almost a keeper. great weather and great company for sure. glad i caught a keeper yesterday so we could have ceviche today. Gary truly missed out. I'm pretty sure he would of limited as well had he grinded it out. I'm sure we all could of kept catching em as the bite wasn't gone when we left the water. here is a pic of Fsuhansell with his first keeper. He sure was happy and I'm very happy that he had a great outing his first time at my place.

20151012_081605_resized.jpg

on a side note....i saw a kayaker go past the point today around 2pm but he was too far to say something. it was a paddler but he was fishing. if its someone on here sorry i missed the passing. i would of launched with ya but you were too far gone before i would of been in the water.
    Rich
    Hobie Pro Angler 2014 (Torqeedo Powered), Torqeedo solar panel with custom frame, Lowrance Elite-7 Chirp, sidekick (modified to fit)

Comment

What's up with that picture? Did you smear Vaseline on the lens like Nancy Grace does to make him look younger?
      Mike
      Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

the outer glass on the camera lens of my phone is cracked so it fogs from the inside hence the horrible pictures sadly.
        Rich
        Hobie Pro Angler 2014 (Torqeedo Powered), Torqeedo solar panel with custom frame, Lowrance Elite-7 Chirp, sidekick (modified to fit)

Comment

I was definitely happy, first keeper from the yak!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by fishinggod View Post
            for just a few hours, 6 fish over 20 inches was one of the best days I've had trolling for sure. i landed maybe another 7 or 8 that were between 18 and 19.99. and i caught a 13.5 inch trout.....almost a keeper. great weather and great company for sure. glad i caught a keeper yesterday so we could have ceviche today. Gary truly missed out. I'm pretty sure he would of limited as well had he grinded it out. I'm sure we all could of kept catching em as the bite wasn't gone when we left the water. here is a pic of Fsuhansell with his first keeper. He sure was happy and I'm very happy that he had a great outing his first time at my place.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17330[/ATTACH]

on a side note....i saw a kayaker go past the point today around 2pm but he was too far to say something. it was a paddler but he was fishing. if its someone on here sorry i missed the passing. i would of launched with ya but you were too far gone before i would of been in the water.
            that was me going by (sand colored x factor )...I launched at elms beach and paddled to St Jeromes where I met up with Ictalarus Bill. I also got onto the 20+ inches just up from you....all right up next to rocks....I was tossing a redfish magic looking of a lonely puppy drum and keep catching rockfish.
            we did poorly at SJC when the wind picked up though I did catch a few more

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk
            14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
            2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Originally posted by fsuhansell View Post
              I was definitely happy, first keeper from the yak!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Congrats on your first! It is a great feeling that will be replicated many times
              Bruce

Hobie PA 14
              Wilderness System, Thresher 155

Comment

Working...
              X