"Pacific Warriors" - New Kayak Fishing Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Pacific Warriors" - New Kayak Fishing Show

Discovery is starting a new show called "Pacific Warriors" this month. Looks like its all about fishing off the yak's and pulling in some BIG fish! The link to the sneak preview is below.

http://www.discovery.com/tv-shows/pa...os/sneak-peek/
    Shawn
    2015 Ascend FS12T Angler Kayak - Desert Storm - 12'

I’d like to see a good portrayal of kayak fishing on TV. However based on the preview I suspect this show will feature offshore anglers catching fish larger than their kayaks with an occasional shot of a circling shark to sensationalize the scene. That will provide ratings but I think it’s not the kayak fishing that most of us here enjoy.

Yesterday, John Veil and I launched from Kent Island. The fishing was poor. We caught maybe a dozen stripers between us. The largest was 18 inches. But I saw a huge flock of geese flying low over Kirwan Creek and John saw a bald eagle strafe the water with its talons spread. Around us the leaves were changing, their varied colors highlighted by the sunshine.

No staged drama, no big fish, and certainly no danger. The fish were an afterthought to a beautiful day on the water. But there are no TV ratings in that.
    Mark
    Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
    Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
    Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

The scene is certainly a bit different on the west coast and especially Hawaii, where you can go only a mile offshore and be in super deep pelagic territory. We have to mother ship it here to get in that kind of water
      Ryan
      Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
      Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
        I’d like to see a good portrayal of kayak fishing on TV. However based on the preview I suspect this show will feature offshore anglers catching fish larger than their kayaks with an occasional shot of a circling shark to sensationalize the scene. That will provide ratings but I think it’s not the kayak fishing that most of us here enjoy.

Yesterday, John Veil and I launched from Kent Island. The fishing was poor. We caught maybe a dozen stripers between us. The largest was 18 inches. But I saw a huge flock of geese flying low over Kirwan Creek and John saw a bald eagle strafe the water with its talons spread. Around us the leaves were changing, their varied colors highlighted by the sunshine.

No staged drama, no big fish, and certainly no danger. The fish were an afterthought to a beautiful day on the water. But there are no TV ratings in that.
        Very true Mark! There really is no other feeling than being out on the water on a beautiful day. Shoot, I find myself still smiling when I'm out on the water in the rain or high winds. I'm so glad I got into this new hobby. I've been fishing since I was a kid but on the yak..... it's a whole other feeling. I love it.
        Shawn
        2015 Ascend FS12T Angler Kayak - Desert Storm - 12'

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
          But I saw a huge flock of geese flying low over Kirwan Creek. Around us the leaves were changing, their varied colors highlighted by the sunshine.....
          After your comments about the beauty of the day... I stepped back and went over my fall photos....
          from previous trips...

I enjoyed you personal experience for the day.....

I look forward to the fall colors and the changing seasons.. and to add more to my portfolio....

But obviously... the secret society that prevails... it will be my personal reminiscence.... to where I go..

None the less.... just never know what happens when you peak over the bulkhead....

Thanks for sharing... !

Comment

Working...
          X