Lower Slower-Southern Maryland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lower Slower-Southern Maryland

Went out with Big Mike and Fishinggod for the morning bite near his house and the "magic pier". I know why the bite was off at the pier this morning. A good sized otter played peek-a-boo with me for about 10 minutes at the pier, every time I tried to snap his picture he would dive under and come back up making otter noises, which I am sure were laughing noises in otter talk.

The fall "Roctober" bite pattern has changed in the "Lower Slower" and we had to go to new depths and patterns to pick up the fish this morning. I got a few dinks and a keeper, Big Mike was on fire with three keepers(kept two) and assortment of sizes.

Big Mike and I got tired, so we left the young guy, fishinggod out there to his on devices(Torqueedo)

Fishinggod was dink city until..... I was ready to go and tightening my last strap, when I hear a yell from the water.. Gary don't leave, bring you camera to the beach. Rich had hooked a Monster 31 incher.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Yak67; 10-21-2015, 01:30 PM.

And the magic continues, congrats to all.
    Freddie T

2016 Hobie Outback LE #236
    Torqeedo Ultralight 403

Comment

Hmm – missed it by that much. It was a great morning of fishing and really happy to see bigger fish moving into the picture. Took a few photos of my own to compliment what Gary posted, although I don’t have any 31” fish to show.

001.jpg
      Rich and his cheating electric motor

002.jpg
      Gary otter move faster

003.jpg
      Fish on

004.jpg
      22" looks small all of a sudden

005.jpg
      The launch

006.jpg
      Dinner
      Mike
      Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

so heres my take on the day. starting with last night.... i was doing dishes and while washing a kitchen knife, i bump a glass...as its falling i decide to drop the sponge instead of the knife to catch the glass. well said knife was in the path of my other hand and slice my finger open. it needed stitches but i decided to suck it up and not go to the hospital. well this morning i lost several fish trying to get rods out of holders without using my left pointer finger. caught a bunch of short fish until gary and mike were headed in. decided to stay out as i wanted a keeper and hadn't gotten one in a few days. as I'm trolling, wammo i hook up to a great fighting fish. i land it and swing it past my measuring tape and i know its over 20 so it goes into the front bin. so i pick up my second rod and start reeling it in. i then realize my cut has opened and theres blood all over me and the kayak and pause reeling to check it out. as soon as i stopped reeling WAMMO!!!! that 31 incher slammed the bait!!! took a while to get it near enough to see. then it took 4 or 5 trips around my kayak before giving in. when i lipped it i was in shock. didn't measure it, i just threw it in the front bin and turned the torqeedo to high hoping mike and gary hadn't left. when i passed my pier and saw Gary's car i started screaming like a little girl. haha. glad i caught him. the first fish ended up being 23.5. i was a bloody mess but so so happy. what a great morning. gonna have ceviche for days!!

20151021_105945_resized.jpg20151021_110017_resized.jpg
        Rich
        Hobie Pro Angler 2014 (Torqeedo Powered), Torqeedo solar panel with custom frame, Lowrance Elite-7 Chirp, sidekick (modified to fit)

Comment

Nice one Rich!

Comment

Nice fish all around!

Comment

Nice fish! I can't wait to get out there again with you guys!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
              X