patience and time pay off again!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• patience and time pay off again!!!

so Gary and Mike came over again to the house and we all struggled early. i landed quite a few fish but none of us had keepers. so the two decided to head home and i stayed on the water. for the next hour and a half i caught 5 fish and all were short. then the tide went slack and the silt in the water went away and the water became clear like the turn of a light switch. 5 minutes after that i have one rod go down and as I'm grabbing it the second rod goes down.... i shove the second rod under my arse, and right the first fish. i horse it in cause i see there isn't much line left on the rod under me. first fish i know is a keeper and throw in the front bin and grab the second rod with maybe 10 turns of line left on the spool. gain ground with the help of the torqeedo and get her in. the first fish was 23 inches and the second was 25.5. quick and beautiful limit. wish i didn't have to struggle for several hours before but staying on the water payed off. i sure do have a bunch of fish for ceviche to last me all weekend. once again, i wish gary and mike woulda stayed. i will say that having the motor means a ton. the current was rough early today so I'm sure that played into their decision to leave...that and all the links early. hopefully next week is just as good as the past two days since ill still be on vacation.
    Rich
    Hobie Pro Angler 2014 (Torqeedo Powered), Torqeedo solar panel with custom frame, Lowrance Elite-7 Chirp, sidekick (modified to fit)

Well done. Yes fighting the swell, current and wind made heading back towards the dock a good workout. Don't think I could have pedaled another hour and a half. Next time leave your motor at home and join us manual labor guys.
    Mike
    Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

better yet Mike, you and Gary get a torqeedo and join my lazy group!!!!
      Rich
      Hobie Pro Angler 2014 (Torqeedo Powered), Torqeedo solar panel with custom frame, Lowrance Elite-7 Chirp, sidekick (modified to fit)

Comment

Heck, I ency all of you guys. I'm still out there PADDLING! I am still learning but I'll be upgrading on my next purchase, that's for sure! I am sure I will appreciate the pedals and/or the torqeedo that much more once I decide to upgrade. Until then I'll be out there trolling with tired arms!
        Shawn
        2015 Ascend FS12T Angler Kayak - Desert Storm - 12'

Comment

heck Shawn, i have been in a float tube for the past 15 years and just upgraded to a Hobie in April. huge change thats for sure. nothing wrong with paddling at all. so long as your wetting a line, its a good day.
          Rich

Comment

I am still paddling as well. With two girls in private school I have to limit my purchases. My signature line says it all but it is really just envy.
            Tarpon 120, no electronics, no pedals.
            Tarpon 100, the karma boat.

Comment

I love it. Maybe I'll see you on the water.
              Shawn
              2015 Ascend FS12T Angler Kayak - Desert Storm - 12'

Comment

Working...
              X