Tributaries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tributaries

I had some great days for keepers in tributaries this month but yesterday it seemed the larger fish had moved out. Found smaller schoolies in the shallows but no larger fish in the shallows or channel edges. Could have been other factors as well. What are others finding? On these sunny days, I'm wondering if some fish might move back in later in the day, as one of my best days was as week or so ago in the hours leading to sunset in less than 5ft.
    Michael
    Washington, DC
    Hobie Outback

This fall bite has definitely change with the water temps. We are finding in the "Lower Slower" that the fish have moved out of the fall patterns/ areas, and moved to deeper water in different places. Evening the times have changed. You've seen fishiggod's post at the times he is catching keepers after we leave
    Totally different from two weeks ago. So we had to adjust at all three rivers/ tributaries we have been fishing this season. The sparkly white paddle tail baits are still working. But further north the rockfish are going after totally different colors.

Yak 67
    2015 Hobie PA-14
    Soon 2016 Hobie Outback Limited Edition

Comment

Gary hit it right on. a few weeks ago they were up shallow and tons of bait. now we aren't seeing the masses of bait balls and the fish have pushed off from shore. well I should say dinks are still up close but all the keepers are coming further out now. and as he pointed out, all my big fish the past few days came around 0930 or 1000 in the morning. so the rise of the sun seams to be sparking the bite. I cant speculate if mid day is better as when I got my limit I went in and didn't stay fishing all day.
      Rich
      Hobie Pro Angler 2014 (Torqeedo Powered), Torqeedo solar panel with custom frame, Lowrance Elite-7 Chirp, sidekick (modified to fit)

Comment

Working...
      X