back from nc!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• back from nc!!!

got back from nc.cot lots of trout & flounder & reds & spanish & tarpon & spot & croaker & whiting & lots more.i have been at boysocut camp for the past week.im going back 2 nc 2morrow tho.i only took one pic of the fish.sry.i absollutly forgot 2 take pics!
    Attached Files

Tarpon is a great sport fish- some say they can catch them on the Eastern Shore, too- It is a hard fish to catch with a bony hard mouth- a giant herring- that you can't eat- but Boy are they fun to catch!
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Originally posted by ronaultmtd View Post
      Tarpon is a great sport fish- some say they can catch them on the Eastern Shore, too- It is a hard fish to catch with a bony hard mouth- a giant herring- that you can't eat- but Boy are they fun to catch!
      when u say eastern shore...are u talking about easternbay & bloody point??????????

Comment

Originally posted by kayak456 View Post
        when u say eastern shore...are u talking about easternbay & bloody point??????????
        do people catch tarpon in the middle bay????

Comment

I would think he means down Virginia side of the eastern shore, south of Chincoteague.

Comment

Originally posted by CB kayak 02 View Post
            I would think he means down Virginia side of the eastern shore, south of Chincoteague.
            Yeah ......... around Oyster ........ 2 miles from the Trailer

Comment

Originally posted by Memory Maker View Post
              Yeah ......... around Oyster ........ 2 miles from the Trailer
              What weekends you headed down there again this fall?

Comment

Oyster, Virginia- up the sloughs and channels mostly at night with live bait- every year someone catches a big tarpon late in the summer- same places they see and catch the big red drum-

Comment

i catch the tarpon off the ocean piers whiel kingfishing with live bluefish

Comment

I've hooked several that way but never landed one off a fishing pier- either they have jumped off, one really big one stripped my Abu 10000 C or had a big hammerhead shark ate it- a threadfin herring on a clothespin rig was my last Tarpon hooked on the Frisco Pier at Hatteras about 20 years ago-14 foot hammerhead ate that one about 100 feet off the southeast corner and then nearly stripped me before I broke him off- he was on my light outfit- an 8600 Abu with 25 # pink Ande and a 7 foot custom Lamiglas rod I built just for pin fishing- None of those conventional Abu reels are even made any more- the 10000 is a level wind boat reel today and they dropped the 8600 from their products. I had several of each- sold them years ago when I quit big game pier fishing-

Comment

Originally posted by ronaultmtd View Post
                      I've hooked several that way but never landed one off a fishing pier- either they have jumped off, one really big one stripped my Abu 10000 C or had a big hammerhead shark ate it- a threadfin herring on a clothespin rig was my last Tarpon hooked on the Frisco Pier at Hatteras about 20 years ago-14 foot hammerhead ate that one about 100 feet off the southeast corner and then nearly stripped me before I broke him off- he was on my light outfit- an 8600 Abu with 25 # pink Ande and a 7 foot custom Lamiglas rod I built just for pin fishing- None of those conventional Abu reels are even made any more- the 10000 is a level wind boat reel today and they dropped the 8600 from their products. I had several of each- sold them years ago when I quit big game pier fishing-
                      i dont know wut size it is.but i have a HUGE penn senator thats not a lvel wind.i i think its holds 600 yards.i have it with 200 lbs test braid.its can hold a mighty larger beastly.i cut the line for tarpon,but for the kings & cobias...u better get thay bridge gaff down quick

Comment

Working...
                      X