Bennett's Point Landing today and last Saturday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bennett's Point Landing today and last Saturday

This is my first report. Been lurking and learning so much from the generous sharing from everyone on this site.
    Was on the water by 6:30 am last week. Launched on the muddy gap on the left. started trolling in 10-12' heading south. First fish of the day was a fat 21" striper, first keeper from my yak. Had a few bumps but only landed one more fish, a 16" after 4 hours.Shoulders were burning from all that paddling.

Went out again today. Trolled for a while with no results. Started casting to breaking fish in the coves and caught a dozen 10-14" stripers. Decided to target perch so that I could bring dinner home to the wife. Anchored over humps in the main river, most were in 12-14'. Jigged a gold spoon and yanked 20-30 perch. Kept the big ones, 10 nice healthy fish.

Back at the dock a clammer just pulled up to unload, got 3 dozen steamers for $5.00 to go with the fish tonight. Happy wife, happy life.
    Lifetime Sport Fisher 10
    2009 Hobie Outback Orange

Congrats on your first keeper! I am sure there will be many more to come.
    Bruce

Hobie PA 14
    Wilderness System, Thresher 155

Comment

Great report and great fishing. You are a very wise man. Keeping the wifey happy leads to more fishing and Yakking. Keep it up

Yak67
      2015 Hobie PA-14

Comment

Working...
      X