one more time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• one more time

I know this is a kayakers forum and I am enjoying my new found sport. However, since many of you fish the Severn I was wondering if anyone knew of any actual boat ramps along the Severn where I might be able to get my bassboat out for some stripper fishing before I winterize it and put it up for the season.

You can use Truxton Park in Annapolis to enter Spa Creek. I think the ramp fee is $10, payable to an onsite vending machine.

Smith's Marina in Crownsville has a ramp, but has limited parking. I did not use it this year. In the past, they charged $20.

Sandy Point is available, and on a calm day, the ride down to the Severn is not too bad.
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Closer than Sandy Point is Dunning Memorial Pier, which has a great protected launch into Mill Creek. In less than 10 knots / waves 1.5-2 you can drop into Whitehall Bay and swing south around Greenbury Point into Severn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      -Omid

2015 ivory outback

Comment

Thanks, I will check these out.

Comment

Originally posted by Dimo View Post
          Closer than Sandy Point is Dunning Memorial Pier, which has a great protected launch into Mill Creek. In less than 10 knots / waves 1.5-2 you can drop into Whitehall Bay and swing south around Greenbury Point into Severn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Dunning is a DoD only facility.

Comment

Working...
          X