bay bridge with beautifull weather

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bay bridge with beautifull weather

Hey guys, so yesterday was the first time out fishing under the bay bridge.
    After about 1 hour of no bites i got a little dissapointed but on the way back to the shoreline i cought my first 2 striped bass.
    It was about 18 inches.

http://abload.de/image.php?img=12202...8521511yp5.jpg

The one from the picture was my 2nd one (i lost the first one because i didnt tie the hook right...that wont happen again!)

Congratulations on your first fish! The bridge can be frustrating at times and bountiful at others. Keep moving from one piling to the next until you locate the fish. Were you jigging?
    Bruce

Hobie PA 14
    Wilderness System, Thresher 155

Comment

Good looking fish, congrats!
      -Omid

2015 ivory outback

Comment

i had two lines in the water with one of thos rubber fish with a hook on the back (idk what they are called). I was jigging first but thats when i had no bites. I got the bites when i was slowely paddeling back with the lines in the water.
        but i think thats how i will start next time and then stay at the bridge poles where i had bites and try jigging there.

Comment

Originally posted by German-Redneck View Post
          i had two lines in the water with one of thos rubber fish with a hook on the back (idk what they are called). I was jigging first but thats when i had no bites. I got the bites when i was slowely paddeling back with the lines in the water.
          but i think thats how i will start next time and then stay at the bridge poles where i had bites and try jigging there.
          Be sure to cast to the up current side of the piling, far enough so that the jig can sink to the bottom by the time it gets to the piling. You want the current to bring the rig to the fish. Hits can be subtle. Try and not have any slack in the line as the hits will often come on the fall. Give each pile 5-6 casts and then move to the next one. The fish move back and forth on a regular basis - at one piling on a given day and gone the next.

Good luck!
          Bruce

Hobie PA 14
          Wilderness System, Thresher 155

Comment

thanks for the help! ill try it out next time.

Comment

Working...
            X