11/4,6 & foggy 5th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 11/4,6 & foggy 5th

Plastic boat & I fished the flats twice this week & we caught feisty wp & yp & stripers on the incoming tide. I caught more grass than a school of grass carp can eat in a year it seems. Low tide sucks! But working your bait between the grass mats scores keeper fish, including a keeper striper & catfish on back to back casts in the late afternoon. Temps were 70s to 80 as I sunbathed before the fish decided to bite. Plastic boat seems to be able to pull keeper fish when the spookmasters & I could only harvest grass.
    On my Mom's birthday I wanted to catch her some fresh fish & as I crossed the big bridge @Solomans I saw the fog bank miles away hanging over the bay. I crossed over to StM county & launched @ Clarke's Ldg. As I unloaded a slight breeze picked up & just as I was to wet my lines I was swallowed up by fog. I still launched but I stayed close to the launch & casted near the shoreline to no avail. I heard a few motorboats revving upstream nearby, their lights just barely seen, cussing heard in the distance. Obviously, it was no fun trying to get anywhere while not being able to see much. No fish for me,except day old fish for Mom...which is still fresher than from the store. Fog sucks too! Be safe when encountering future foggy conditions.
Working...
X