beachwood park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• beachwood park

I stopped by Beachwood Park on Sunday to check out the progress. The road has been cleared however it still looks like it going to be quite a job pulling a kayak back up to the parking area after a day of fishing. While I did not check the shore line beyond the cleared beach area it may present another problem. The tide was out and there was a long muddy trek to the water. It would be great to hear from anyone that has launched from there, especially at low tide.

Originally posted by spangler15 View Post
    I stopped by Beachwood Park on Sunday to check out the progress. The road has been cleared however it still looks like it going to be quite a job pulling a kayak back up to the parking area after a day of fishing. While I did not check the shore line beyond the cleared beach area it may present another problem. The tide was out and there was a long muddy trek to the water. It would be great to hear from anyone that has launched from there, especially at low tide.
    Here's a trip report from a sea kayaker:

http://www.cpakayaker.com/forums/vie...hp?f=25&t=9110

Lisa

Comment

I took a look a Beachwood last week too. Am impressed with the work done to the path. The trip down to the water is good, but I would have to have help getting back up the hill. With that said, am excited about being able to get into the upper Magothy for some New fishing areas. Kudos for everyone's effort. I believe with time the path will get better.

John
      John Rentch
      Annapolis

Native Ultimate 12 FX Pro
      Hobie Revolution 11

Comment

Threw a Spinnerbait from shore at Beachwood last week for a few minutes. Tide was really low, but caught one small largemouth. Good spot to go when the wind is kicking up too much for me to get out on the water.
        2018 Hobie Compass

Comment

I didn't know LM bass were in there.

Nice catch.
          Mark
          Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
          Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
          Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

I was surprised to catch him! Crazy what lives in what I always considered saltwater. If the pickerel can though, I suppose it makes sense.
            2018 Hobie Compass

Comment

Largemouth live in the upper end of many of the small rivers and creeks where the salinity drops off. Pickerel thrive in brackish water but also due well in fresh water. Evidence of LM bass in salt water can be seen in the current fishkill in Middle river. Large numbers of bass, perch, catfish and stripers have been seen. Smallmouth bass require water that is a little less salty. How was launching at Beachwood?

Comment

Sorry, just reread your post, no launch.

Comment

Sorry, I didn't launch - was just casting from the shore/mud. Good info on the fish!
                  2018 Hobie Compass

Comment

The mud was my big concern. I live very close to that park and would really like to fish there but when I checked it at low tide launching looked a bit difficult. I fish Old Man Creek occasionally which is just a short way down stream from Beachwood. The last time there I caught a 19" striper, a 4lb pickerel, a yellow perch and several white perch. Needed a catfish for a slam but didn't happen.

Comment

Is there any public access to Old Man Creek? I don't see any on Google Maps, that's why I ask. Always looking for more spots to at least shore-fish from, if not necessarily launch.
                      2018 Hobie Compass

Comment

I don't know of any public launches. I launch from a friends back yard.

Comment

Some of the best shore fishing spots are some of the small lakes around Columbia.

Comment

Working...
                          X