Severn Report: Windy 11/11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Severn Report: Windy 11/11

This report is dedicated to the various spookmasters that troll this forum for these reports:

Start of report:

Whenican and I hit the Severn this morning.

It was windy.

We found fish.

End of report. :-)

A most important addendum: To any veteran or active duty Snaggedline members: thank you for your service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -Omid

2015 ivory outback

Can you be a little more succinct?
    Bruce

Hobie PA 14
    Wilderness System, Thresher 155

Comment

Severn. Windy. Fish.

-Omid

2015 ivory outback

Comment

I fished in the Severn today too. Main river - windy and big waves. Tributary - much less windy and no waves. Caught fish.
        John Veil
        Annapolis
        Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Severn Report: Windy 11/11

Right on! were you in a yellow boat today by chance? I passed by someone who launched earlier than I. Didn't get a chance to say hello.

-Omid

2015 ivory outback

Comment

Originally posted by Dimo View Post
            Right on! were you in a yellow boat today by chance? I passed by someone who launched earlier than I. Didn't get a chance to say hello.

No - I was in a green and black camo paddle kayak today. I launched about 12:45.
            John Veil
            Annapolis

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Ahh cool, well glad you also got into the fish.

-Omid

2015 ivory outback

Comment

Something's fishy about this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by J.A. Veil View Post
                  No - I was in a green and black camo paddle kayak today. I launched about 12:45.
                  Were you by chance paddling under (or near) the Severn River Bridge about 130pm? I saw a kayak when I passed over and wondered to myself "is he fishing down there???"

Comment

Originally posted by BigRick View Post
                    Were you by chance paddling under (or near) the Severn River Bridge about 130pm? I saw a kayak when I passed over and wondered to myself "is he fishing down there???"
                    Yesterday I launched before that and was not on the main river at that time.

This morning I was on the river and several tributaries for 3.5 hours. The weather was grey with intermittent light showers. It was windy at times, but I was able to use the land mass to block most of the wind. The tally for today -- 1 rockfish (18-20"), 8 pickerel up to 23", and one red fox standing on someone's pier. I have been spending too much time in the kayaks recently -- I seem to have developed chronic "sore butt syndrome".
                    Last edited by J.A. Veil; 11-12-2015, 01:20 PM.
                    John Veil
                    Annapolis

Comment

I have been spending too much time in the kayaks recently -- I seem to have developed chronic "sore butt syndrome".
                      Wish I could claim that! Mine's from an office chair, ha ha.

Comment

Yesterday I launched before that and was not on the main river at that time.
                        ...I have been spending too much time in the kayaks recently -- I seem to have developed chronic "sore butt syndrome".
                        John, please fill out Sore Butt report attached. Feel free to create a new category for its cause. Thank you, Fishinfool

image.jpg

Comment

I suspect that you guys also have sore thumbs (better known as bass thumb) from landing all of those stripers. LOL thanks for your reports.

Comment

Working...
                          X