Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stars and Stripers II, Veterans Day, 2015 (Breezy Point)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stars and Stripers II, Veterans Day, 2015 (Breezy Point)

A short kayak fishing video honoring our veterans on Veterans Day, 2015

Small craft warning was in effect. The westerly wind was 20+ knots until 01:00 PM. I used medium size lures for stripers. I was within 2.5 miles where I can barely sustain 1.5-2.0 MPH for trolling. It took me two hours to come back to Breezy Point marina by pedaling and paddling because my home made tandem rig (stainless wire rig) were stuck on the rudder around 11:00 AM. I didn't want to jump in the water to free the jammed rig.

Removed the jammed rig and went out again. This time I was about 5 miles off the shore chasing birds. Picked up a bunch of small stripers and a keeper at 22 inches.

I was dead tired.

Joe
    Fish like there's no tomorrow.
    Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Thanks for the video!
    Hobie fleet:
    2017 Quest 13
    2015 Outback
    2014 Outback

Comment

I like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      -Dan Goddard, 2014 desert camo Jackson Big Rig

Comment

Cool video and that was neat how close you got to those birds.

Comment

5 miles out in that wind and chop would have scared me to death. Or put differently, my wife would have pronounced me insane if I told her I was going out on a day like that. Clearly, you are among the brave!

Comment

Awesome challenge to the elements dude !
            You inspire me to go for it... !

Comment

Thanks for the video. Quite the challenge in order to do a tribute. As a veteran, I salute you. Maybe someday we can fish together.

Comment

Working...
              X