Clark's Landing Improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clark's Landing Improvements

It’s not often where improving something causes your heart to sink. The St Mary’s County commissioners put $250K into the budget to improve the Clarks Landing launch by rebuilding the ramp and adding a finger pier and floating dock. What they aren’t doing is adding any more parking. For those unfamiliar with this situation you can park perhaps 7 cars with trailers on a good day. Right now the launch is rustic and only small jon boats or kayaks can reasonably launch there (although I have seen a few brave souls who don’t care about their boat bottom launch larger boats). Improvement to the launch will bring bigger boats so that number could drop to 5 or 6 spots, assuming that no other cars are there for crabbing or fishing off the dock. What was a spot you could count on being able to launch most anytime will become much more of a crap shoot, whether you car top or trailer your kayak.
    Construction will begin in about 26 weeks, so they will be there most of the summer and most likely the launch will be closed during that time. When it reopens I’m hosting a block party and putting a chain and lock at the entrance
    Mike
    Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Is the restaurant still there with a ramp and parking field? It'd been years since I was down there.

Comment

That ramp is still there but it seems to be operating on an informal basis and the parking field is off limits since the new restaurant owners took over (it is now overflow parking for them). They stopped collecting the launch fee and people park on the road so this is a limited facility from what I can tell. I've never used it
      Mike
      Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

Bummer to hear! This truly was a great launch spots for Yaks. No more parking will kill it��

I am here from the government and I come to help..........

Yak67
        2015 Hobie PA-14
        2016 Hobie Outback LE

Comment

Mike,
          Yeah, parking will be a very serious issue! I heard there will be NO parking on the large field per the owner. No worries for you Mike, as long as I live there, you can park in my driveway! It's going to cost ya....I get to tag along with you to find the hot fishing spots....lol
          Walt
          Heritage Angler 12'

Comment

Working...
          X