11/11 JG Windy & 11/12 Cambridge Windy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 11/11 JG Windy & 11/12 Cambridge Windy

Dimo & I launched in the morn @ JG & fished it all from beyond the rt 50 bridge
    & back towards Greenbury Pt. The surf launch was the toughest as we got pounded trying to get off the beach. However, once in the yak & out of the shallow & w/ the Mirage-drive in place, it wasnt too bad despite water over the bow & face spray. Once the rods were set up & the lines were in the water the fish found us. Plenty of just unders & a couple hard hits & linebreakers(got to loosen the drag). I also somehow foul-hooked a 4" bunker on a BKD-tipped jighead. I released it back into the water. Dimo managed a couple for dinner. I would have to fast until the next day. BigRick, u may have seen me in the water or possibly the 2 guys that were launching when I was leaving the river. One of the guys had a Hobie sailing rig w/outriggers which was cool to see. Both were not fishing. The wind was charging but both the air & water temps were warm. Did I mention the wind was blowing hard? Thanks for fishing w/me, Dimo.
    I then fished in OC overnight after picking up a few things from DPS. Again, short fish w/ big shoulders hit my lures. Then I launched in the morn from Cambridge into the Choptank & as I was preparing to launch the wind picked up. As I made my way to the channel it changed directions & pounded me from the S.E, thus, running right down the river blowing out the water for a super lowtide. Whilst fighting the wind & getting a great leg workout( I can still feel it now), water coming over the bow & w/ constant face spray, 1 rod went down hard. I knew it was a keeper because it was hard for me to get the rod out of the rodholder. Of course, this fish tangled w/ the other line too. It swam under the kayak multiple times & each time I got it close to the surface, back down diving it fought. Now I realise I forgot my net(that's a first) & also my hawgtrough too( it's in the car). Well, I used my backup tiny tape measure to measure a fish over 22". Into the insulated fish bag. Not bad for 1st fish of the day. For the next 3 hrs all I caught were shorties. The ride back with the wind was swift but against it was doable but you just got to be aware. I did use my new flag & the few boats must've seen me as I didn't get run over. A couple even slowed their approach when near me, then I gave them a thumbs up, then they proceeded to throttle up. I saw dnr out in the waves too. All in all it was a good time out.... I love being out on the water...still, maybe the last of the warm air, warm water days. And I got a keeper.

Conrats on catching dinner! I was going to say "free" dinner, but you clearly worked for it. Good job embracing the elements and getting out there WhenUcan
    Bruce

Hobie PA 14
    Wilderness System, Thresher 155

Comment

Man you deserve those fish! You really worked for it. Great report, with details. Great for all the "newbees" out here.

Yak67
      2015 Hobie PA-14
      2016 Hobie Outback LE

Comment

Great goin on the hunt with you as well, looking forward to the next meet up. You truly put in the work out there, congrats on a well earned dinner! [emoji305][emoji305][emoji305][emoji226][emoji476]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        -Omid

2015 ivory outback

Comment

Working...
        X