First post and first keeper in the yacht

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First post and first keeper in the yacht

I have been a lurker since the early summer. But now I decided to introduce myself. I am from Pasadena and fish outta Gray's Creek near Dobbins Island on the Magothy. Randomly I bought a yak from Marshals. It is a sit-in Future Beach 10 footer. Not the ideal fishing yak, but I have made some improvements with 2 Cannon rod holders and some small cleats for tethers and what not. I also have an old Piranha battery fish finder rigged up to help me learn the river. I have hooked up with a few schoolies in Magothy this year, but yesterday was my first keeper.
    In terms of fishing report.... Yesterday was the best day on the Magothy that I have had all year. Extremely calm to the point I was completely comfortable fishing the channel in my sit-in kayak. Tide was moving hard when I orignally went out around 9:30 - 10, but the water was pretty darn flat. Wasn't marking fish in my usual spot off of Dobbins so I ventured in towards the middle of the river. There, the fish finder picked up a few fish hanging towards the bottom, but unlike the past couple weeks, they were also more fishing hanging up towards the middle depths. I was trolling a white jig with pink paddle and a suspended rattle trap. Both rods were hit. It seems that there are still plenty of fish hanging in the Magothy, but are getting deeper.
    This might have been my last trip of the year so I am glad to be on the board.
    Green Team
    Future Beach 10' sit in - Lime Green
    Ascend FS12T - Lime Green

Welcome to the board. Thanks for the report and congratulations on your first keeper!

We actually met off Dobbins about a month ago. It is good to know there are still fish there. How close to the mouth of the river did you venture?

See you on the water next year!
    Bruce

Hobie PA 14
    Wilderness System, Thresher 155

Comment

Welcome from another member of the forum from "The Dena".

Congratulations on your catches.

I hope to meet you on the water next year.
      Mark
      Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
      Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
      Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Congrats on the first keeper, I know the feeling!

Comment

I was on the Magothy yesterday at the same time as you but right in front of CoolSpring Cove. Marked many fish and landed a fat 19". On Tuesday when the water was much rougher I also landed a 19" rock in the river off of Spriggs Pond. Trolling rattletraps each time. Action in that area has been very consistent last three weeks--hope it continues!
          Al

Comment

Superhuman, do you have a yellow kayak? I saw one other kayak when I was hoping out, but they were headed in the opposite direct and way too far for me to make contact.
            Green Team
            Future Beach 10' sit in - Lime Green
            Ascend FS12T - Lime Green

Comment

Working...
            X