11/two-oh Tucker St Launch-Convict bass & pickerel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 11/two-oh Tucker St Launch-Convict bass & pickerel

Mccray & I found JG to be blown out so we launched into Weems Creek where we ran into Jrentch & mark & another. We all found the horizontal-lined bass & Mccray found a couple pickerel & I found one. Both our biggest pickerel was 19". Our biggest state fish was just under 20". The others may have caught a couple of
    legals but many shorts. Definitely, less wind in the creek. Still, a gust blew my hat into the water. Thanks for fishing w/me Keith & good to run into the other guys too. Oh, & I caught the new state record for biggest leaf too. No shortage of leaves to foul your lures.

Weems is a great place to escape the wind. Congratulations on you state record!
    Bruce

Hobie PA 14
    Wilderness System, Thresher 155

Comment

It was nice seeing you guys on the water.

I got one striper and 6 picks. Nothing large but they provided some pullage on a day when the wind and discretion kept us off the Severn.

A.jpg

Each pickerel was tight to shore. Best bet -- if you see a downed tree with its branches in the water, cast into it. You may stick a few spinners in the wood but you'll also stick a few pickerels.

John Rentch did well. He caught fish of each species exceeding 20 inches.

You just never know. It's deep into November. I keep expecting the stripers to leave the creeks but they remain -- not that I'm complaining!
      Mark
      Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
      Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
      Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Yes, the Stripers were an unexpected bonus yesterday. Got into a couple with some good pillage. Caught both on a 1/8 yellow jig with a chartreuse Gulp paddle tail. I cut 1/2 of the head off so it could fit on the hook better. Was really using this as alternative for Pickerel, was very surprised the Stripers took it. ,

I agree with every one else regarding Weems being a great alternative when the wind is blowing on the Severn.
        John Rentch
        Annapolis

Native Ultimate 12 FX Pro
        Hobie Revolution 11

Comment

Working...
        X