Newbie here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie here

I'm looking to buy a kayak. Can anyone point me in the direction on where to get one? A used one would be nice.

Originally posted by Husky View Post
    I'm looking to buy a kayak. Can anyone point me in the direction on where to get one? A used one would be nice.
    Search the manufacturer's websites, find the one your really want, then look at craigslist and keep looking until you find the one you want.

Here's a hint: Get a Hobie Outback.
    Hobie fleet:
    2017 Quest 13
    2015 Outback
    2014 Outback

Comment

I did exactly as CowPokey has said but, wasn't in a hurry. I deal a lot with Appomattox Kayak Company(paddleva.com) and they have hundreds of kayaks of all types and I think they may ship for free. They can also set you up with all the accessories you need and great to deal with.

Comment

On the top of the main forum is a blog about "comparative Specs for peddle kayaks" for a person looking for a new kayak. The one thing I would advise is to deal with a local dealer. Online is great, but you can get all your parts and warranty work done locally, it would really benefit you. That blog also talks about not buying a cheap one first, then having to go out and get the one that really benefits/ fits you the best for what you want to do. You will find A LOT of opinions here. The Hobie guys are the most loyal, and their Outback's have proven themselves over the past 15 years. I have the Hobie PA-14, it's a big water boat, that is great and utilitarian, but I am getting and Outback soon to hit those places not suited for the PA and it's trailer.

Yak67
        2015 Hobie PA-14
        2016 Hobie Outback LE

Comment

Thanks for the input guys. I'm headed to Annapolis boatyard today to look at some. Went REI yesterday and they had some very affordable ones also.

Comment

If I could have a do-over... http://www.paddleva.com/shop/all/APP...s#.VlX-JlxVhBc

Comment

I purchased a Pelican 100 from west marine in Annapolis today. Got a good deal yak plus paddles and a life vest for 600. Now i need a fish finder.

Comment

Originally posted by Husky View Post
                Cant....help....myself...
                I need a good paddling

Motorized 2014 Hobie Pro Angler 12
                Garmin Echomap 93sv
                RIP, favorite St. Croix Rod

Comment

Working...
                X