Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Birthday launch 12/10....PLO...anyone else?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birthday launch 12/10....PLO...anyone else?

It's my birthday on thursday & I switched days @ work so I could launch in search of stripers.
    The forecast looks great & the fishing reports the same so I'm looking at a morning launch around 7:30am
    Come join me if you can.

Where are you going to launch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2014 Hobie Outback [emoji41]
    2014 Hobie Outback
    2016 Hobie Outback
    2015 CBKA Fishing Tournament
    2nd PLACE
    Slam Division

Comment

i believe he said Point Lookout
      Native Watercraft Pro Staff
      2016 Native Watercraft Slayer Propel 13 Lizard Lick

2016 CCA MD "BLUE CAT" Tournament 2nd place
      33rd MSSA "THE CHAMPIONSHIP" Tournament 1st place
      2016 Curley's White Perch Tournament 1st place

Comment

Looks like I'm not hunting tomorrow. So I may make the trip down. Not sure how long it would take to get there. Where exactly do you launch? What radio channel if you have one?

Comment

ill text john, there is a soft launch there at the state park. Not sure about the admission price since i bought the yearly pass. i will be up river on a boat with my friend. hope you guys find them. i will be texting john if you guys need to come up river

Comment

Originally posted by whenican View Post
            It's my birthday on thursday & I switched days @ work so I could launch in search of stripers.
            The forecast looks great & the fishing reports the same so I'm looking at a morning launch around 7:30am
            Come join me if you can.
            Happy birthday bud! Hope the fish gods smile upon you on your day.
            Bruce

Hobie PA 14
            Wilderness System, Thresher 155

Comment

Hey folks,
              I plan to launch from Point Lookout State Park. I often fish here during the summer & it's one of my fav places. Cost to get into the park is $3/car-MD residents, $4/car all others. To the right of the Park store ( which most likely will be closed- so bring a drink & snack) is a soft beach launch where they rent kayaks ( during summertime). Plenty of parking, restrooms too are open. Just beyond the store the next right along the road is the boat launch, which u can use too but I use the soft launch... it puts u onto Lake Conoy, which is more like shallow, protected wetlands. I will proceed to go through the inlet( which is v fishy too) & go into the Potomac River( Cornfield Harbor). I will look for birds to the right on the Potomac & to the left where the river meets the Chesapeake Bay at the lighthouse. Winds should be light & from the south. We will launch on an incoming tide( hightide just after noon). Almost anything could happen from diving birds everywhere to nothing but peaceful serenity & happy paddling/pedaling. I need to stop @ The Tackle Box, in Lexington Park, before I launch. I'm in no hurry tomorrow as it's my birthday. I hope to launch @ 7:30 but I am flexible. Yesterday I launched around 10am & still had fun. I dont have a marine radio yet( but maybe I will get one on my birthday?) If anyone can make it out, give a shout or text me on my cell:443-610-8488..... in some parts of the park I dont have service...usually on the water I do have service. If I launch before you or vice versa there's plenty of river past the inlet to do some trolling & chase some birds. Catching the keepers will be a bonus!

Comment

Check your pm's Ken& Loudonfisher. Beat the rush hour traffic to rt 4 or rt 5 in Prince George's County & it's a1.5 hr ride to the launch. I hope to see you guys. If not, then au futur!

Comment

Happy B-Day!

Sorry I missed the outing. It sure seemed like a nice day to get on the water.
                  My buddy and I plan on fishing the Bay just outside of Point Lookout on Sunday from his CC boat, so I'm curious to hear how you did.
                  Last week the fish were holding deep (60ft) and most people got skunked or had a tough time finding the bite. I'd be curious to know if with this warmer weather the fish have come shallow again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HOBIE
                  Ivory Dune
                  13ft Revolution
                  -manny

Hobie Outback
                  Wilderness Systems 130T
                  Hobie Outfitter

Comment

not sure how he did after i gave him directions but here is mine and a couple buddies catches2015-12-10 16.56.51.jpg2015-12-10 16.57.18.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by D3NAL1 View Post
                      not sure how he did after i gave him directions but here is mine and a couple buddies catches[ATTACH=CONFIG]17775[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]17776[/ATTACH]
                      nicely done!

how deep were the fish?
                      -manny

Hobie Outback
                      Wilderness Systems 130T
                      Hobie Outfitter

Comment

everywhere

Comment

Originally posted by D3NAL1 View Post
                          everywhere
                          That's good to hear.

Hopefully they'll stick around through Sunday. :-)
                          -manny

Hobie Outback
                          Wilderness Systems 130T
                          Hobie Outfitter

Comment

Originally posted by whenican View Post
                            Hey folks,
                            I plan to launch from Point Lookout State Park. I often fish here during the summer & it's one of my fav places. Cost to get into the park is $3/car-MD residents, $4/car all others. To the right of the Park store ( which most likely will be closed- so bring a drink & snack) is a soft beach launch where they rent kayaks ( during summertime). Plenty of parking, restrooms too are open. Just beyond the store the next right along the road is the boat launch, which u can use too but I use the soft launch... it puts u onto Lake Conoy, which is more like shallow, protected wetlands. I will proceed to go through the inlet( which is v fishy too) & go into the Potomac River( Cornfield Harbor). I will look for birds to the right on the Potomac & to the left where the river meets the Chesapeake Bay at the lighthouse. Winds should be light & from the south. We will launch on an incoming tide( hightide just after noon). Almost anything could happen from diving birds everywhere to nothing but peaceful serenity & happy paddling/pedaling. I need to stop @ The Tackle Box, in Lexington Park, before I launch. I'm in no hurry tomorrow as it's my birthday. I hope to launch @ 7:30 but I am flexible. Yesterday I launched around 10am & still had fun. I dont have a marine radio yet( but maybe I will get one on my birthday?) If anyone can make it out, give a shout or text me on my cell:443-610-8488..... in some parts of the park I dont have service...usually on the water I do have service. If I launch before you or vice versa there's plenty of river past the inlet to do some trolling & chase some birds. Catching the keepers will be a bonus!
                            John, Sorry I missed the trip but I would love to go out with at SPSP sometime. BTW Happy belated birthday!
                            New to the game but not a rookie!

Comment

What a gorgeous day to be on the water. I stopped @ The Tackle Box to p/u a couple items & their dang cash register wouldnt take credit cards for an hour or so. Eventually, they gave me my birthday discount since I was 'cool' w/ them. I do love this place for the unique lures they carry. I joined Loudonfisher awhile later where the Potomac met the bay. I loved his gas engine-powered Wavewalk kayak. That's my go-to snakehead skinny water kayak. Anyways, we looked for birds & we found them doing a sit-on-top on the surface of the water. Everytime I got near them, they would scatter. Even w/ the incoming tide I thought we would find some fish..... but...nope! We trolled, we casted, we drifted.... maybe we werent in deep-enough water. Nobody else near us caught anything either. It was good fishing w/ Travis. After he left I received a tip from D3NAL1, who was catching. I continued to troll & I caught 1 fat, 17"er. After speaking w/a few others.... it seems that the fish were hanging out in deeper water where I was. Again, find the birds, then find the fish! I saw 2 other kayakers launch just before me & venture across the bay. They may have had motors for they crossed over quickly. My buddy, D3NAL1 found fish everywhere he went where he saw the birds. The good news for the day is that It is still rockfish season on the Potomac through the end of December & the season has been extended to Dec 20th in the Chesapeake Bay.

Comment

Working...
                              X