Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i'll take one too

Comment

I actually took the prop off an found rust, the plug (male and female parts) had green corosion on them and the positive wire from the thermal fuse was loose. I fixed these issues today and it seems to be working. Ive been using it alot, i guess im torture testing it.
      Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

Originally posted by Pinch View Post
        i went barebones today, 1 battery, no fishfinder, only 2 rods and bare essential tackle. I took my live well along to keep the spot alive. The problem i had was that my motor stopped working as soon as i got over to the eastside thus why i am paddling in the video. I also took a wreck anchor and it made the biggest difference.
        Your motor quit running, your Hobie is cracked and you Humminbird screen is not working. Well, that's 3 so you should be in good shape for the rest of the summer.
        Jim

Hobie Outback
        TKAA member
        Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers inc.

Everyone should believe in something... I believe I'll go fishing.

Comment

Nice job on the stripers, Jack!

As for the anchor, I'll take one, too, to help cover your costs. Nice work!

Comment

I already have an anchor, but I'll take one anyway. Can't have too many.
            2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
            2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
            2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

I don't have a wreck anchor for a kayak and would also help defer the costs, Jack. My kayak anchor is a folding fluke 5 pound cast iron anchor galvanized hot dipped.

I can see the usefulness of a small lightweight wreck anchor for use around structure that would otherwise hang up and claim a traditional anchor
              "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
              2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
              "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
              Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Killing it out there... Need to try the Eastern Shore on the next trip. Western just isn't doing it. I should have bought a couple of those anchors while we were down there. didn't think about the bay bridge.
                2010 Hobie Outback

Comment

I notice you guys keep going to East side to catch these. Is West really that bad?
                  2010 Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

Originally posted by frettr00 View Post
                    I notice you guys keep going to East side to catch these. Is West really that bad?
                    More pressure and less structure in my opinion. The old riverbed / spider pilings is where you want to be.
                    Used to fish more.

Comment

Westside does hold alot of skunk
                      Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

Working...
                      X