Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• selling a yak

***This is not for sale*****
    Just a question. Right now the current ride is a sit-in Future Beach 10 footer and not the "fishing" variety. I have gone ahead and added two Cannon adjustable rod holders in the back and a front and rear clear for tethers. If I sell it, do you think it will hurt the resale because I have drilled and attached those things? I would be selling those things with it attached. I did buy the yak brand new for $200 when online, the suggested was closer to 4 so I don't think I'll lose money. Just trying to see what the resale mkt looks like for kayaks. Winter probably isn't the best of time to sell a yak anyway, but if I can get my money lined up I will hopefully be paddling something different for the spring.

Eric
    Green Team
    Future Beach 10' sit in - Lime Green
    Ascend FS12T - Lime Green

Originally posted by Pineapple24 View Post
    ***This is not for sale*****
    Just a question. Right now the current ride is a sit-in Future Beach 10 footer and not the "fishing" variety. I have gone ahead and added two Cannon adjustable rod holders in the back and a front and rear clear for tethers. If I sell it, do you think it will hurt the resale because I have drilled and attached those things? I would be selling those things with it attached. I did buy the yak brand new for $200 when online, the suggested was closer to 4 so I don't think I'll lose money. Just trying to see what the resale mkt looks like for kayaks. Winter probably isn't the best of time to sell a yak anyway, but if I can get my money lined up I will hopefully be paddling something different for the spring.

Eric

I had the fishing version of the same Kayak and I had a hole cut in it to run the cables of a fish finder up through the deck, though I marked the price down a little bit due to the holes I managed to sell it before I could even list it online to a coworker, and had another person interested in buying it if he backed out.

I would wait until the spring though once it starts to warm up so more people will be looking for a kayak, I sold mine in July without issue. If you price yours right you won't have a problem selling yours either
    Mike

2015 Hidden Oak Slayer Propel 10

Comment

I don't think you will have any problem selling it. My customers are constantly asking if I know of used boats for sale. Just make the write up on craig's list tout the additions as "extras".
      Bruce

Hobie PA 14
      Wilderness System, Thresher 155

Comment

If you are leaving everything on it that you drilled holes for it will sell with no problem.
        Tarpon 120, no electronics, no pedals.
        Tarpon 100, the karma boat.

Comment

Consider keeping it and owning two? You might find that the 10 footer ends up being preferred for some of the fishing that you end up doing.
          I have a long list of boats I have sold that I wish I had kept!

ST

Comment

Originally posted by scott taylor View Post
            Consider keeping it and owning two? You might find that the 10 footer ends up being preferred for some of the fishing that you end up doing.
            I have a long list of boats I have sold that I wish I had kept!

ST
            +1....I have a 10ftr, It's by far the slowest boat in the fleet but I love it. It's perfect for those quick perch trips in the summer, or just introducing someone else to the addiction
            2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
            2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
            2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

That isn't out of the question, but selling the current for the purchase of a new one sounds better to the other investor. (Wife)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
              Green Team
              Future Beach 10' sit in - Lime Green
              Ascend FS12T - Lime Green

Comment

Working...
              X