Nanjemoy Creek off Potomac 2/6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nanjemoy Creek off Potomac 2/6

All the posts for the February M & G got me all fired up to catch some Yellow Perch. So I spent a few hours hitting the holes (20 - 25 feet) at the creek bends on a falling tide. Well unfortunately I struck out. I've always wanted to catch yellow perch but the season always sneaks by me. Don't know if I'm early, late, or in the wrong spot. I know a few years ago Nanjemoy was a stellar spot. Anybody caught perch here recently?
    WOOD DUCK 12

I've checked alot of places recently. I think we're a little too early. I have heard the Susquehanna starts earlier. Al
    " Back home we got a taxidermy man. He gonna have a heart attack when he sees what I brung him!". Capt. Quint 1976
    Ocean Kayak Trident 13

Comment

The yellow perch are schooling up in the deeper water right now and should start moving into tributaries after Valentines Day.

I did find crappie around some downed trees wiling to take my minnows.

Sent from my PalmPilot using Tapatalk
      2018 Hobie Outback (seagrass)
      Old Town Camper Canoe (red)

Comment

Looks like shore fishermen are catching them at Waysons corner, where Rt 4 crosses the Pax. Lots of threads on www.pierandsurf.com

You can launch a kayak there, too!
        Green Old Town Loon 111
        Vibe Sea Ghost 110 - TeamGreen

Comment

Originally posted by buzz View Post
          The yellow perch are schooling up in the deeper water right now and should start moving into tributaries after Valentines Day.

I did find crappie around some downed trees wiling to take my minnows.

Where did you get your minnows??
          Green Old Town Loon 111
          Vibe Sea Ghost 110 - TeamGreen

Comment

Originally posted by mepps3 View Post
            Where did you get your minnows??
            A buddy of mine netted them at Aqualand on Saturday but didn't have any luck. He said the current was too strong for him.

The minnows were still fresh on Sunday so we hit the mouth of Piscataway creek. Caught the crappie hanging next to downed timber by the gravel bed.

Caught a lot of tree limbs too.

2018 Hobie Outback (seagrass)
            Old Town Camper Canoe (red)

Comment

Working...
            X