Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eastern Shore yellow perch

I went to the Tuckahoe River this morning on an outgoing
    tide. I tried small minnows and blood worms. I tried small darts.
    Nothing. Water was a refreshing 38°. I think I'm a bit early. I talked to a few shoreline fisherman who had the same results. It was a nice kayak ride though. Got out the cobwebs.
    " Back home we got a taxidermy man. He gonna have a heart attack when he sees what I brung him!". Capt. Quint 1976
    Ocean Kayak Trident 13

Fished for yellow perch on Saturday morning, and also got skunked. Used all the baits you did, and a variety of lures as well. Indeed it was a nice day to be out. I was on a small polar craft, not my kayak though

Comment

What part of the Tuckahoe River would be good to fish from shore once the yellow perch begin spawning?

Comment

Originally posted by al8189 View Post
        I went to the Tuckahoe River this morning on an outgoing
        tide. I tried small minnows and blood worms. I tried small darts.
        Nothing. Water was a refreshing 38°. I think I'm a bit early. I talked to a few shoreline fisherman who had the same results. It was a nice kayak ride though. Got out the cobwebs.
        Where'd you launch? I've shore fished the Tuckahoe but never in a kayak?

Comment

Originally posted by JohnP View Post
          What part of the Tuckahoe River would be good to fish from shore once the yellow perch begin spawning?
          Hillsboro, MD. Good from shore and from a kayak. There is a nice boat ramp there also.

Hobie Fishing Team Member
          Survival Products, Salisbury, MD

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
          2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

I went back to the Tuckahoe this morning and the shorelines were packed. Looked like a Saturday. I thought I might have missed them. Fishing was steady all morning with nice sized yellow perch and large pickerel. Not the double hooking kind of steady, but a lot of fun. Saw four kayaks in the area and everyone was happy. Kept enough for dinner, and released the rest to fight another day. Bloodworms and minnows best bait. (Clyde'
            " Back home we got a taxidermy man. He gonna have a heart attack when he sees what I brung him!". Capt. Quint 1976
            Ocean Kayak Trident 13

Comment

Where on the Tuckahoe did you go, if you don't mind me asking? I'm planning on getting out at noon today and I'd like to get out there and do some shore fishing. Thanks!

Comment

Hillsboro but paddled a few miles north past RT.404 Good luck!
                Ocean Kayak Trident 13

Comment

anyone know if that boat ramp in hillsboro is free or do they charge?
                  Mike

"But by the grace of God I am what I am..." - I Cor. 15:10
                  Native Watercraft Slayer Propel - Cooperhead

Comment

I just road by there about an hour ago. It is posted as needing a Caroline County permit but I don't know if that applies to kayak or cartop launches.

UPDDATE: Easy enough to find, here are the rules. No permit needed for cartop launches. Kayak on a trailer does require one.

Caroline County Code Chapter 148 requires a boat trailer permit for public landings under the jurisdiction of Caroline County local government. The permits can be purchased on an annual basis or on a temporary 24-hour period at private business locations and local government offices throughout the county. The annual Public Landing Guide provides a summary of permit sale locations, fees and regulation requirements.

Annual permits are not valid unless displayed on the driver’s side of the vehicle rear bumper or trailer tongue within 12” of the hitch. Temporary / Daily permits must be hung on the inside mirror facing the windshield.

If you have transported your boat to a ramp on-top-of or within your vehicle (i.e. a kayak or canoe within a truck bed or on the car roof on a rack), a boat ramp permit is not required
                    . If you are transporting several kayaks or canoes on a boat trailer, a boat ramp permit is required.

Permit Prices
                    For boat trailers or vehicles registered within the State of Maryland
                    Annual Permit cost: $20
                    24 hour temporary permit: $5
                    For boat trailers or vehicles registered out of state
                    Annual Permit cost: $50
                    24 hour temporary permit: $10
                    Last edited by DonV; 03-13-2016, 07:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X