Fletchers, 3-31-16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fletchers, 3-31-16

I fished Fletchers today from shore, 3-31-16, 10:45am to 1:30pm. Wind was blowing at a good clip in an upriver direction… but it was manageable. At my first spot not too far above Fletchers I caught a nice hickory on my first cast… fish-on-first-cast has mostly been a bad omen for me. However, I did manage to catch 8 more hickories using spinning gear and 1.5” crappie tubes with added weight 2’ above the lure. That’s kinda slow fishing when it comes to fishing for shad.

Except for the wind, the river was in good condition. Flow was a little low but clarity was very good @ 3’-4’. Fishing pressure was very low.

Bignose – I bet we met and may have talked briefly above Fletchers. I'm am an old tall guy with a beard and a belt pack for gear. I also had on hip boots.

The traffic light at the entrance to Fletchers will sure come in handy. For me, today was the first day for this traffic light. I still have to figure out the light changing sequence. Seems I waited a looong time for my turn to go.
    Howard

16' Oldtown Camper Canoe with a side-mount 40# thrust trolling motor.

Fletchers, 3-31-16

I waited at the same light. Maybe a solid 5 minutes to leave

Thanks for the report!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -Jon
    Revo 13

Comment

Yes, we finally met in passing!

You were fishing one rock up river from me. Thought you were going to slip when you were wading down river, earlier.

That traffic light at the exit took forever, true, but it sure beats the hell out of trying to make that left turn out of there with traffic screaming down at you! One of the reasons (beside the traffic in general) that I don't fish there often was that damn turn.

And you still have to back down the driveway if you are coming from the east bound, incoming lane, just to keep it a challenge.

Comment

Cool, I have not got a shad with grubs and tubes. Shad darts and spoons always do the job.

Comment

Working...
        X