Fletchers, 4-14-16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fletchers, 4-14-16

I had planned to fish Fletchers on Thursday for hickories. Then on Wednesday along comes Bignose’s glowing fishing report for Fletchers (Heaven or Hell?)….that’s when I knew I was going to hit hickories bigtime on Thursday. But, dang-it, that just didn’t happen.

I fished Fletchers on Thursday, 4-14-16, 10;30 am to 1:30 pm from shore. It took me 30 minutes to catch my first hickory… and the rest of the day was not much better. Had a brief flurry of action around noon that lasted about a half-hour then action died to a crawl. Total catch for the day was about a dozen medium hickories. I fished a variety of my goto shad lures but none of them stirred any interest.

The river looked good too. The water was unusually clear, maybe 5’-6’. Herring were swarming and splashing allow the shorelines at many places. Shore fishing pressure was light. I had my pick of choice rocks to stand on as I worked the shoreline in search of better action. Nearly all of Fletchers boats were out and many more private boats and kayaks were cruising the river. I didn’t see anyone tearing them up anywhere, just one here one there for everyone.

But that's shad fishing for you: Here today, gone tomorrow. Over the years I have experienced this phenomena several times at Fletchers.
    Howard

16' Oldtown Camper Canoe with a side-mount 40# thrust trolling motor.

I guess we caught them all on Wednesday!

Lure color?
    It didn't make any difference Wednesday.
    Sometimes those critters get real [picky.
    Last edited by bignose; 04-15-2016, 08:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X