Sunday afternoon delight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday afternoon delight

Bill (Itcalus) and I hit the water at Bushwood at 3:15 yesterday. Our target species was Blue catfish...I had some filleted croaker for bait and Bill managed to picked up a couple of nice sized fresh menhaden...we fished in 12-13 feet of water (60 degrees). It was slow going at first although I had a hit within minutes of anchoring up on the croaker...I was using a fish finder rig with 7/0 circle hook on a Revo 50 NaCl winch with a St. Croix Avid X 7 foot medium heavy rod and a Abu 6500C3 on a 7 foot medium heavy rod. Bill caught the first four fish before taking pity on me and giving me one of his menhaden...then it was fish after fish after fish- I have no idea how many catfish we caught although Bill and I both figure we each caught over a dozen apiece- I had four over 30 inches and Bill had a couple about that size...my last two fish came at the same time and Both were over 30 inches...we peddled back to the launch as the sun was setting on a perfect afternoon...great day on the water-
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Sounds like a good ole time!
    <insert witty comment here>

Comment

Working...
    X