May 15th kinda like a double report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• May 15th kinda like a double report

The wind was really blowing and I had already snorted 4 lbs of pollen by noon on Sunday. Not sure if I felt good enough for a trip in the 30+ mph winds. Considering a cancel and refund from a guy who traveled from CA to fish with me. I put my big boy pants on and we left the dock in two foot seas with white caps in the creek. Rounded the light house and I knew it was no problem. Went up river at 30 mph on top of two footers and arrived by the bridge out of the wind and the lie master 4000 depth finder was lit up like a xmas tree. Bingo. Bailed every cat over 6lbs and kept a nice sample. The young lady was doing a micro-bead study and needed a good sample of 50 fish to complete her study. So we put out three lines and tried to get a forth but the wind and tide were against each other. So in a case like this I deploy a drift sock. It wrapped the prop four times and I put it away. In three hours we went thru 20 lbs of bait.. so we packed up and went flipping docks with cane poles for crappie. We did well for a totally muddy creek conditions and headed back as we saw snow falling.
    Rounded the lighthouse into 4 footers and plowed thru them..
    Great last cat/crappie trip of Spring 2016..

27 year old orphan bourbon on my front porch that night.

Thanks all
    Capt Mike
Working...
X