5/27/16 trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5/27/16 trip

I'm new to the area and kayak fishing. I've got Friday of from work, where in the Severn River area should I launch? Jonas Green park or Ft Smallwood or elsewhere? I'm good to fish for perch or pickerel or rock fish. Should be a good weather day

Rodney

Severn River launching at Jonas Green is a favorite for most of us. It's a pretty easy launch with a short drag from parking to the beach area. Look at the NOAA marine maps and find the oyster beds and troll paddletails over those and you can probably find a rock or two but remember it's catch and release still in the Severn. WP should be around maybe not in great quantities. Spinners/Light jigs/bloodworms along riprap/pilings/docks should find you some WP hopefully. Let us know how you do.

Comment

On second thought I don't want to fight USNA traffic so I'll launch elsewhere.

Comment

The white perch have arrived in the Severn. From Little Round Bay to the narrows.

Comment

Are the white perch biting on spinners yet?

Comment

Originally posted by jrodney31 View Post
            The white perch have arrived in the Severn. From Little Round Bay to the narrows.
            Oh, yea!!!!!
            Wilderness Systems Ride 135

Comment

I got about a dozen on spinners.

Comment

Working...
              X