Gorged Rockfish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gorged Rockfish

Warning - the squeamish may want to avoid the picture. I launched at Piney Point this morning at 5:30 (abandoned by Yak67 for calmer waters before I even arrived) and noticed the pink worms were in the water again, but not to the same degree as last month. It was very difficult to fish the Potomac side of the island due to waves so I stuck with the backside which tends to produce more dinks, and there were plenty to be had. I picked up one keeper that must have been lost as the next closest fish might have gone 16". After that I hooked into 3 CNR and decided it was an omen to call it a morning.

I'm always fascinated to see what the fish are eating. When I opened this on I was shocked at how full the belly was of the pink worms and what looks like clams, complete with bits of shell mixed in. I've never seen this much food in a fishes stomach, and it still hit my lure.

I've also included a picture of Yak67 fighting his first CNR from last week, just so he can have the memory.

001.jpg002.jpg
    Mike
    Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

well done and thanks doe the pics!
    sigpic

Comment

Myself and Tony changed location back to Piney Point with Big Mike. Same result Dinks and CNR's everywhere, like door mats every ten feet. Saw a few pink worms also in the water. Hooked/snagged 4-CNR's
      CNR's-3 Yak67-1 I hope they move on soon.

And Big Mike EWWWW(Teenage girl voice), that's why that jokers belly was so fat!

Yak67
      2015 Hobie PA-14
      2016 Hobie Outback LE #217

Comment

Working...
      X