Mixed bag on the Susquehanna 5/27/2106

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mixed bag on the Susquehanna 5/27/2106

Fished the Susquehanna launching out of Lapidum. My target species was a walleye before the sun came up. I struck out but managed to catch every other species in the river.

2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
    2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
    2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Susky Slam!!!!

Comment

Nice Jeremy, I understand the hickory shad are thick right now.
      Freddie T

2016 Hobie Outback LE #236
      Torqeedo Ultralight 403

Comment

Originally posted by Salty Dog View Post
        Nice Jeremy, I understand the hickory shad are thick right now.
        Caught a few hicks, and snagged some river herring also.
        2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
        2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK

JEREMY D

Comment

Very nice. What did you catch the carp on? They were splashing around like crazy over by Perryville park this morning. Tons of schoolie stripers over that way too, but couldn't find any keepers.
          Kevin

2013 Wilderness Systems Ride 135

Comment

Originally posted by Crotalus View Post
            Very nice. What did you catch the carp on? They were splashing around like crazy over by Perryville park this morning. Tons of schoolie stripers over that way too, but couldn't find any keepers.
            It was actually a 1/2oz metal jig smeared with smelly jelly I was using for perch. Laying on the bottom while rigging another rod. I'm taking my son on the flats Sunday, should be great action for him.
            2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
            2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK

JEREMY D

Comment

Looks like a good morning to me!
              John Hostalka

Delaware Paddlesports and
              Hobie Fishing team member

2018 Camo Hobie Outback
              2015 Hobie Outback

Comment

Hey Sparky- Nice slam! I, too, got the slam yesterday fishing the flats & the river
                ...LMbass,SMbass,my 1st walleye in the US,wp, stripers. Mike mike & I enjoyed a beautiful day
                on the water....got surrounded by Spookmaster loud boats when I hooked into some fish. We moved over to the Perrywood side & fished w/Pat for awhile. We saw another kayakfisher in the flats who didnt wave back at us.... maybe he left his glasses at the launch...was that you-Crotalus? We were there 0830-1400. Then I hit the river after a late lunch.

Comment

Originally posted by sparky1423 View Post
                  I'm taking my son on the flats Sunday, should be great action for him.
                  For sure. Whenever I found a school, I'd get a hit every time I dropped a jig down.
                  Great action for a kid.
                  Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by whenican View Post
                    Hey Sparky- Nice slam! I, too, got the slam yesterday fishing the flats & the river
                    ...LMbass,SMbass,my 1st walleye in the US,wp, stripers. Mike mike & I enjoyed a beautiful day
                    on the water....got surrounded by Spookmaster loud boats when I hooked into some fish. We moved over to the Perrywood side & fished w/Pat for awhile. We saw another kayakfisher in the flats who didnt wave back at us.... maybe he left his glasses at the launch...was that you-Crotalus? We were there 0830-1400. Then I hit the river after a late lunch.
                    So jealous of the walleye! That was my main goal...I jigged up a few small walleye jigging for white perch last month with 1/2oz metal. I was south of Lapidum on the edge of a weed bed in 8 FOW. I'm just waiting for more Snakehead to show up. Those summer grasses on the flats will be the Mecca!
                    2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
                    2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK

JEREMY D

Comment

Originally posted by whenican View Post
                      We saw another kayakfisher in the flats who didnt wave back at us.... maybe he left his glasses at the launch...was that you-Crotalus?
                      Haha. Yeah, probably. If you two were peddling similar looking yaks. I was looking your way for a bit but you seemed to be chatting with each other and I didn't see you look my way. Sorry about that.
                      Kevin

Comment

Nice sparky. Let us know how you do Sunday. I was going to fish the flats Sunday in my friends boat but he fished there Thursday and didn't catch any or see any caught. We are going to try pooles island instead. Hopefully you don't get too many and make us sorry we didn't go back to the flats

Comment

@ Crotalu: I know I have to keep an eye on my trolling rods. Did you launch from Perryville or Tydings or? We used the
                          Tydings launch. See you out in the water.

Comment

Working...
                          X