Fishing Report Sat. May 28 - Mouth of Chester River

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fishing Report Sat. May 28 - Mouth of Chester River

First, shout out to Pat Smith who posted looking for a Saturday fishing buddy. We connected in Rock Hall on the Eastern shore and we connected with about a dozen stripers to 24 inches near the mouth of the Chester River, launching both by trailer from Boggles Wharf on East Neck Island.
    We fished near the channel that dumps out of the Kent Narrows and holy smokes you don't see that many boats at a boat show. Unreal traffic on the holiday.
    Crystal Deep 3D minnow got the biggest and xr-12 got the rest - about 70 feet back trolling at 2.5mph with a 1 ounce snap weight at 35 feet. I use line that changes colors every 25 feet. We were trolling in about 20-28 feet channel of water just off a 8 foot flat. Most of the catching was at 10am-1pm with the high tide at 12 noon.

The fish seem scattered but most came in the same general area.

I've mostly been lurking on this forum for the past year or so and only got a kayak last Sept. Thanks to everyone who contributes here and has helped me so much. Looking forward to meeting more of this crew at the September tournament since Pat had a million nice things to say about that event and I'm for sure gonna go.

I wanted to add since I saw a post elsewhere about this but don't know if I can find it........one reason I decided on a pro-angler14 was because of the sail. I sold my 17 foot Whaler 6 years ago but I used to sail a sunfish so I suspected that the sail could make my fishing time safer and more enjoyable. Like a lot of things I didn't know if this hunch would work out or not but I got the PA14 with sail and this weekend showed again that I got lucky and made the right call. First, furled up or full blown, the sail has never gotten in my way fishing, but that sail sits way up, bobbing back and forth, hundred times better than a kayak flag. A yellow kayak with a sail is hard to miss. Second, I've leaned to fish based on the end of day wind so that I can sail home and weatherman was right on Saturday and after pedaling all day it was a treat to sit back and troll by sail headed home. If anyone is thinking about buying a kayak, it might be worth considering the sail. I might love that sail more than my fishfinder! The fact that you can chill and still troll when you're most tired and that the sail makes for a safer day on the water is a combination hard to beat.

thanks for the report, ive definitely considered getting a sail, although ive been looking into the adventure island for years now.
    sigpic

Comment

Working...
    X